Springfield XD Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

Registered
Since I already fed you, I might as well change your diaper 馃槀. You have a few options

1. You man up, buy a good vise, set of steel punches, and a hammer - Then go for it!

2. What you said google a local gunsmith.

3. There's few online company's, gun shops, and / or gunsmith's where you can mail your slide.

DV8 has a very shady reputation from non working out of spec slides to down right theft.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Since I already fed you, I might as well change your diaper 馃槀. You have a few options

1. You man up, buy a good vise, set of steel punches, and a hammer - Then go for it!

2. What you said google a local gunsmith.

3. There's few online company's, gun shops, and / or gunsmith's where you can mail your slide.

DV8 has a very shady reputation from non working out of spec slides to down right theft.
i appreciate it man lmao, and cant do it my self active duty marines barracks aint big enough for a vise lol

Registered
Yeah always glad to help our freedom fighters. Thank you for your service.
your welcome, just tryna understand the gun community aswell, so might sound dumb, but io get confused between the xd essentila 45 the xd 45 and the xd service 4 in, researched there about the same gun, if there chambered in 45 but springer precison has like 4 options to choose from

Registered
Ok the "Springfield Armory XD" comes in 3 variations

3" barrel called "Sub-Compact" chambered in 9mm & 40SW(small frame)

4" barrel called "Service" chambered in 9mm, 40sw, & 45acp a few other obscure calibers as well the 9&40 frame are 100% compatible the 45 frame is different.

5" barrel called "Tactical " the service and tactical models share frames

Odd duck was the 45 "Compact" a 4" service slide with a shorter gripped frame.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ok the "Springfield Armory XD" comes in 3 variations

3" barrel called "Sub-Compact" chambered in 9mm & 40SW(small frame)

4" barrel called "Service" chambered in 9mm, 40sw, & 45acp a few other obscure calibers as well the 9&40 frame are 100% compatible the 45 frame is different.

5" barrel called "Tactical " the service and tactical models share frames

Odd duck was the 45 "Compact" a 4" service slide with a shorter gripped frame.
okay thank you that clears up alot of questions lol, so the xd essential 45 is just the service 4"?

Registered
You want to customize go with a Glock - trust me when I tell you this these pistols are great just the way they are. To me if I could only do 1 mod on all my XD'S it would be the stippling. It's what I think to be the most beneficial mod I could think of. I'm well aware that the stippling jobs I did to all my XD's aren't the best looking there the best feeling that iv handled.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
You want to customize go with a Glock - trust me when I tell you this these pistols are great just the way they are. To me if I could only do 1 mod on all my XD'S it would be the stippling. It's what I think to be the most beneficial mod I could think of. I'm well aware that the stippling jobs I did to all my XD's aren't the best looking there the best feeling that iv handled.
gotcha and i dont like glock never really have to me there basic lol, all I really want on my xd 45 is a red dot that is all

21 - 40 of 41 Posts