Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was replacing the roll pin on my XD45, I managed to damage the striker, and have been unable to fix it.

I ordered a part from XDGuys over a week ago, and have been out of town until today to find that the order hasn't yet been filled, much less shipped or arrived. I then found out here at XDTalk that their service has gone extremely downhill. I'll call on Monday, and if I don't get in touch with them I plan to cancel/contest the charge and report the site.

The XD45 is my usual daily carry, so I need a replacement ASAP, and I was unable to find the part at Pistolgear, SP, PRP, or xd-hs2000.com. If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Striker was in the forward position when I was inserting the roll pin-a dumb error on my part.

PRP doesn't have a striker for the XD45 listed on their website. They only have one for the XD/XDm 9/40.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Well the Striker is a part on the no Sell list, I have one for the 9mm but not the 45. usually for parts like that I don't list them, I would rather you call something like that in. If you call Springfield on Monday they will send you an RA number and will replace it......don`t know if will be warranty since you broke it. But you will only have to send the slide and not have to overnight the whole gun.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called up Springfield and ordered the parts this morning after not being able to get in touch with XD, and ordered the parts with no problem whatsoever.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, after I ordered from SA and before I cancelled with XDGuys, I got an email from XDGuys informing me that my order had shipped. That order came in today (SA should be in any time now) with an extra Don's Striker Spring Guide for the delay. I wasn't happy with the timing, but the effort to make up for it was nice. I'll probably be willing to order from them again if I don't need the parts immediately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts