Springfield XD Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Anyone just getting into it now is late to the game and will have to just deal with the market as it is. For anyone that has been involved with firearms for more than just a short time, I would hope they would have learned to stock up as best possible when there is availability.

Only time you can't have "too much" ammo is when on fire or when trying to swim. Other times, load it up when it's available and then just watch as people do the mad dash when it's crunch time.

After may last move due to hurricane damage to our home, I found maybe the other time to have "too much" ammo is when you have to move it all and try to find a place to store it when you can't stay in your own home any longer..... :oops::oops:

Reactions: Jonnyuma and TSiWRX

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Is the 9mm in the same warehouse they used for the toilet paper during March and April ?

I’ve been looking online and where you can get it it’s 40 cents or more per round. Almost every website shows back order with 2-6 months for restock.

What the heck is going on?

Anybody know of any decent deals of in stock ammo?
I have been reloading for the last 60 years so never have to worry about the ammo market. I have a large amount of ammo for all my calibers and lots of components to make more.
Don

·
Registered
14 Posts
I learned that our local Academy gets ammo deliveries on Monday Wednesday and Friday but you have to be there when the store opens at nine or you miss out. This morning I got there at 915 and there were 2 boxes of 9mm fmj,1 box of 9mm Sig V-Crown, 1 box of 130 grain 38spl, and I got 1 box of 556.

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
From Recoil -

Most interesting to me was what the article noted of new gun owners and their outlook on current prices:

'Why is the Ammo Gone' article in Recoil said:
With sales at over 8 million guns and going strong, that's a lot of new owners buying guns. They're also buying ammo, but unlike people who have been doing this for a while, they have no idea what ammo is “supposed” to cost. To someone who moved to Texas from LA and now they want a gun, paying $25.99 for a box of 9mm seems reasonable, because that's just what it costs at the moment.
I was pretty much in this boat during the '12-'13 craze.

I had just obtained my Ohio-CHL in the first quarter of 2011, after obtaining my first handgun in late 2010. From the summer of 2011 through calendar year 2012, I was averaging close to 3 weekend's worth of training classes each month...and most of those classes were higher-round-count, to-boot. The fact that ammo prices were high didn't really stop me: I just sucked it up, and figured that it was, as they say, "the cost of doing business." I was already paying so much for class tuition, travel, and child-care that, to me, the extra few cents per round really didn't matter that much.

I can totally see where at least a portion of new gun-owners and new shooters would have this attitude.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts