Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 9mm in the same warehouse they used for the toilet paper during March and April ?

I’ve been looking online and where you can get it it’s 40 cents or more per round. Almost every website shows back order with 2-6 months for restock.

What the heck is going on?

Anybody know of any decent deals of in stock ammo?

·
Registered
18,668 Posts
I stocked up but if you find it now and need it I’d buy it. May only get worse especially if sleepy Joe wins and the mob is in control.

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
The question isn't what's going on - it's rather where have you been? ;)

The first run started when the COVID craze got going. Like you said - TP and paper-towels? Yup, that was when the first craze occurred, this time around.
And then the rioting stirred up a second run.....

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got plenty for SD and idpa/uspsa for the year and plenty left over. Didn’t answer the question...

·
139 Posts
I got plenty for SD and idpa/uspsa for the year and plenty left over. Didn’t answer the question...
You must be a Democrat?? Not an insult. I only mean to say that the only people who don’t see what is going on seem to be willfully following the dems. The ones that feel everything is just BAU anyway.

If you aren’t a dem and I’ve insulted I sincerely apologize. But for real, where have you been??

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
Since you're a competitive shooter, you should already know the usual sources.

And also since you compete, you must also already know by now from your squad-mates and fellow competitors that not only are deals fleeting, so is any level of availability. Frankly, as with @Decent_Shot , I find it surprising that given your participation in shooting sports that neither you nor your fellow competitors (or event organizers, for that matter) have observed the absolute craziness of the firearms industry now - to not only include ammo and firearms availability, but also even in certain instances parts availability.

All that anyone can say is to check your usual preferred sellers (registering for their online restock notifications, if-any), hit up sites like AmmoSeek, and the like. Locally, see if you can befriend a clerk or even management at a brick-and-mortar, and find out when their next incoming shipment is due so that you can get there before the rush.

By the time that any of us can post-up - even if we're doing the posting immediately after we order - the deal is likely gone and/or stock depleted.

Look at it this way: when immediate-gratification social media groups like those found o Facebook ask their members to simply stop posting about ammo deals, what does that suggest in terms of how fast any stock hops out the door?

This is the same thing that's happened for every craze.

Oh and if you already are stocked for the year, I'd recommend that you simply wait-out at least the short-term rush. As with toilet-paper and paper-towels, the supply chain will replenish (particularly after everyone who rushed out to buy guns in the last few weeks finally get their fill).

FWIW, magazine prices have once again normalized. I'd make sure you've got enough to support your competition needs as well as keep in mind what may happen as we push towards this November, and dates beyond.

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
Crabby must not read the news, in any capacity...
Or simply rolls his eyes and selectively ignores.....

Every shooting community that I socialize in - whether it be live in-person or on Forums and social media platforms - have talked (often extensively) about the initial price-increase and run, and now the outright shortage.

I simply find it surprising that with his post-count and participation rate here on XDTalk that he hasn't seen those threads, and that as he is a competitive shooter, there hasn't been talk of this in those circles, either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is the 9mm in the same warehouse they used for the toilet paper during March and April ?

I’ve been looking online and where you can get it it’s 40 cents or more per round. Almost every website shows back order with 2-6 months for restock.

Anybody know of any decent deals of in stock ammo?
target sports usa. has some. check "ammo search .com"

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
^ Oh, yeah, 9x19 - and everything else - is out there still: AmmoSearch (note that even with the "show in stock only" button selected, oftentimes the search results returned out-link to items that are no longer in-stock) is along the same lines as AmmoSeek (which is what I'd recommended that the OP pursue in an earlier post above....but as a competition shooter, it should already be a resource that he well knows). Given his eye-roll response to my reply, it doesn't seem like he wants to do his own homework.

And he wants "deals" - that's going to take a bit more work, still. :p

Even rather awfully priced available ammo is going pretty fast. About an hour ago, mrgunsngear's FB page updated availability at 34-cents/round of brass-case CCI 9x19 a half-hour ago.... stock was depleted to nil within the first 10 minutes.

·
139 Posts
^ Oh, yeah, 9x19 - and everything else - is out there still: AmmoSearch (note that even with the "show in stock only" button selected, oftentimes the search results returned out-link to items that are no longer in-stock) is along the same lines as AmmoSeek (which is what I'd recommended that the OP pursue in an earlier post above....but as a competition shooter, it should already be a resource that he well knows). Given his eye-roll response to my reply, it doesn't seem like he wants to do his own homework.

And he wants "deals" - that's going to take a bit more work, still. :p

Even rather awfully priced available ammo is going pretty fast. About an hour ago, mrgunsngear's FB page updated availability at 34-cents/round of brass-case CCI 9x19 a half-hour ago.... stock was depleted to nil within the first 10 minutes.
Honestly, I wouldnt try to help idiots find ammo. Let them find it themselves or just be up a creek.

·
Registered
29,575 Posts
9mm, in this area, is usually between $220-240/1k. Not bad, but that’s a 22-25% increase over six months ago, give or take.

I just got some Winchester M855 for $400/1k, loose packed in 200rd boxes; Federal (which I prefer) is $500/1k, comes in 400rd ammo cans ($200/400). That’s about a 25% increase on the Federal.

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
Anybody who has owned a gun longer than 2weeks KNOWS you ALWAYS buy ammo and keep it on hand in abundance.

If your just now figuring out you should be doing so well all I can say is you must be a slow learner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
472 Posts
To answer the OP's question, the best thing to do is to get on an email notification list for various sellers, and act immediately upon notification.

I realize handloading isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I can still load 9mm for $0.14/round, same as it was 6 or 12 months ago. Granted, components are hit-or-miss now, but surprisingly, the component costs haven't gone up. Considering the current market prices of factory ammo, you could buy into reloading equipment now and make it up relatively quickly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts