Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to get information about the release date and availability expectations for the new XDs .40. I've heard it was supposed to become available in June, but haven't been able to find any information on it. Anyone on here know the answer?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
if they make it im sure it would be introduced next shot show 2015... but tthats my thought

·
Banned
0 Posts
I think they ditched the plan for the .40

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Reactions: chrispens

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
I have been told the same by my local FFL/ shop owner...he sells XDS .45s like they're coming with a half-off coupon for ammo, and has quite a few guys interested exclusively in the .40--said his Distributor told him last week they had 'shelved' the .40 XDS far as he knew...

Take it as you would any other internet pseudo facts...YMMV

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Pseudo fact here 40 has more energy recoil assembly tabs can't handle it. The frame cannot support 40 never going to happen. Springfield discussed it when the 4.0 came out saying it was either impossible or impractical don't remember which. But as loose money dries up taking a risk like an r51 is not gonna happen.

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Pseudo fact here 40 has more energy recoil assembly tabs can't handle it. The frame cannot support 40 never going to happen. Springfield discussed it when the 4.0 came out saying it was either impossible or impractical don't remember which. But as loose money dries up taking a risk like an r51 is not gonna happen.

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.
I kinda wondered if the increased Chamber Pressures and the .40s rep for beating recoil springs to death was going to affect it...kind of a "meh" for me since I am not all that jazzed about my XDS 3.3 45...

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Not the spring the tabs holding it. The frame fails

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Dont be scared its not the gun. Most kabooms are due to non factory reloaded ammo from what I've read any way. I have two .40cal shields and have shot both extensively. Not a single issue with ftf fte or mis fire in other words they work perfectly. Like any thing else the few mishaps get all the coverage the majority of them are flawless.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting, my FFL dealer can't keep the .45s in stock, and both he and I use it as our primary carry weapon. I've helped him at his booth at a gun show a few times and I've personally sold his entire inventory of the XDs .45 and the Xds 9mm in just a couple of hours. I just had some folks inquiring about the .40, and as I stated was expecting them to be released in June based on previous information when the 9mm was introduced.

Thanks for the update!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
They're not coming out with a .40. There's no need for it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
It would have more perceived recoil than the .45, and not offer any more capacity.

There's not enough of a gap to fill between the .45 and 9mm's to offer it in .40 and make it worthwhile. Springfield is huge on extending their product lines, but I believe the .40 XDS is one that won't happen .

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
It would have more perceived recoil than the .45, and not offer any more capacity.

There's not enough of a gap to fill between the .45 and 9mm's to offer it in .40 and make it worthwhile. Springfield is huge on extending their product lines, but I believe the .40 XDS is one that won't happen .
we will find out in under a month--I agree, I have serious doubts about its viability...if it doesn't appear at SHOT it isn't going to exist

·
Registered
19,988 Posts
There is a big void being left open with 40sw single stacks out there.

I'd like to commonize all of my auto pistol calibers. 40sw would be my preferred choice, but the lack of a good CC pieces makes it harder.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't see the need, personally.
I don't either. I have the XDs in .45 and don't see any reason to go down to the .40. No gain as far as I could determine. The most accepted reason the .40 came out for the folks who couldn't handle the .45 & 10mm recoil. Hence, the XDs 9mm chambering.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
SA already has the "return to factory for recall" UPS labels printed for the .XDs .40. all they need to do is actually make the gun and they'll be good to go !! im sooooo excited. :neutral:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts