Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend told me recently that Springfield had discontinued this sweet little shooter! Now that the weather makes wearing heavier clothes a necessity, I can start carrying bigger (to me) guns again. I have the Davidson's Exclusive XDs .45 ACP in FDE, and it's one of the best larger caliber pistols I've ever fired. I have a small build and small hands, so this means a lot to me.

I'm not selling it, but I'm now concerned about finding replacement parts and magazines for it, should it come to that. I have a lot of .45 ACP ammo, so I'm pretty set if the SHTF.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not sure if it's discontinued, but there were never a lot of add-ons for the XDS. The ones I tried from Powder River were pretty useless.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
21,785 Posts
I think it was the xd sub compact 3in model in 45. If I remember correctly

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
On Springfield website they are not showing a 45 or 40. A 9mm only that is optics ready. Two choices, one that comes with crimson trace red dot or one that is without the red dot. I have several pistols which I can comfortably cc and chambered in 9, 40 and 45. The one I choose most of the time is my xds 45. A great cc pistol and good shooter. Hate to see them dumping the 45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
493 Posts
On Springfield website they are not showing a 45 or 40. A 9mm only that is optics ready. Two choices, one that comes with crimson trace red dot or one that is without the red dot. I have several pistols which I can comfortably cc and chambered in 9, 40 and 45. The one I choose most of the time is my xds 45. A great cc pistol and good shooter. Hate to see them dumping the 45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like they are just updating them all to the OSP.

It originally launched in 45, then 9 and finally 40...

·
Registered
283 Posts
The Original XDS was discontinued about 18 months ago. Only the MOD 2 versions are available through Springfield. But I. saw that the original mags are still being sold on the website.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
A friend told me recently that Springfield had discontinued this sweet little shooter! Now that the weather makes wearing heavier clothes a necessity, I can start carrying bigger (to me) guns again. I have the Davidson's Exclusive XDs .45 ACP in FDE, and it's one of the best larger caliber pistols I've ever fired. I have a small build and small hands, so this means a lot to me.

I'm not selling it, but I'm now concerned about finding replacement parts and magazines for it, should it come to that. I have a lot of .45 ACP ammo, so I'm pretty set if the SHTF.
SA will always support it. If you ever have any issues just contact them and they will fix it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Looks like the XDS 3.3 45acp is no longer offered by SA. I have two of them with no interest in selling or trading them. Both guns are are utterly reliable and accurate and I just plain like them. I am sure parts from the major XDS parts retailers will be available for a long time to come, if any are needed.

Reactions: 835mag

·
Registered
744 Posts
Thanks, I have had a XDS 45acp sonce 2013. Been a dependable ccg with no problems. Just surprised they dropped it.

Padraig

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thanks, I have had a XDS 45acp sonce 2013. Been a dependable ccg with no problems. Just surprised they dropped it.

Padraig
Springfield's dropped a lot of the various XD related lines.

XD has no Mod. 2 anymore. Subcompact and service size, 9mm only.

XDM is .45 and 10mm only, in 4.5" and 5.25" versions only.

XDM Elite has a variety of sizes, but 9mm only.

And the XDS is 9mm only, 3.3" barrel only (4" got dropped quite a while ago), Mod. 2 only. OSP version only.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I wonder how that ties into their sales. Seems that XDS was the next best thing to sliced bread for quite some time. I loved the fact that there is a 4" and 3.3" in the same caliber sharing the same mags (got probably one of the last brand new 4" 45's that was out on the market).

Now, the selection is significantly limited...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Springfield's dropped a lot of the various XD related lines.

XD has no Mod. 2 anymore. Subcompact and service size, 9mm only.

XDM is .45 and 10mm only, in 4.5" and 5.25" versions only.

XDM Elite has a variety of sizes, but 9mm only.

And the XDS is 9mm only, 3.3" barrel only (4" got dropped quite a while ago), Mod. 2 only. OSP version only.
If I'm a betting man, the XDm Elite line will grow...

·
Registered
744 Posts
I was just on Springfield website, I thought the XDE was offered in .45acp but no, just 9mm. The XDS mod 2 with optics also is just in 9mm also.

Padraig

1 - 20 of 24 Posts