Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my XD's but I want another, a xd45sc. Do they not realise that us 45 guys will buy this. They need to compete with all the others. I hate to but I am going to end up buying a KAHR. After my 1911 purchase, this month, I am going to look for a smaller 45acp.

·
21,874 Posts
Why would you want smaller than a compact in a 45?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you want smaller than a compact in a 45?
why would you want smaller than a compact in any caliber, easier to conceal, I don't want it to take and enjoy shooting, I just want a small carry gun and I prefer a 45acp

·
21,874 Posts
Thats a lot of bite with a little mouth.

Springer doesnt specialize in small conceal carry. They are more aimed at service pistol that can be concealed.

If you want a 45 that is small. 3 inch 1911 or The Models 6 and 8

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a lot of bite with a little mouth.

Springer doesnt specialize in small conceal carry. They are more aimed at service pistol that can be concealed.

If you want a 45 that is small. 3 inch 1911 or The Models 6 and 8
Would you think that a sc chambered in 45acp would kick worse than a 40 in a sc? They have a 40sc and a 9sc. I do not think I am the only person that would buy a 45sc.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I love my XD's but I want another, a xd45sc. Do they not realise that us 45 guys will buy this. They need to compete with all the others. I hate to but I am going to end up buying a KAHR. After my 1911 purchase, this month, I am going to look for a smaller 45acp.
If the new guy would look around instead of whining he would know SA already tried to develop an XD subbie in 45 but "couldn't make it work", thier words, not mine. Apparently it has to do with the recoil spring assembly.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
It does seem an XDm 3.8 45 would be possible in a compact. That's as much as I'm hoping for. Not much difference in size from the traditional 4 inch XD 45c though.

·
Registered
895 Posts
screw a subcompact .45 i want them to release the new pocket pistol already!!!!! give me a 9mm in that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
802 Posts
They wont. This is why I own a CW9. And I realize that this pistol is waaay better than something Springfield could ever produce.

You want a single stack??? Get a Kahr.

D

·
0 Posts
I don't believe there is a business case for it. I'm a 45 guy, and I wouldn't buy it. I'm happy with my XD45 Service Compact.

If you want a small 45, why not try a PM45? Or, you could try a Glock 36.

I don't think SA will ever do real pocket pistols.

·
Registered
70 Posts
sig offers the p250 in subcompact model and it seems to sell well. i hear the recoil isn't that bad. no reason xd shouldn't make one. the markets there.

·
Registered
538 Posts
As was already mentioned, I've seen it written that SA gave it a shot, but it wasn't up to their standards. If they are not confident and 100% behind a gun they design, they won't sell it to you. My google-fu is weak at the moment, and I can't find the article itself, but I'm not sure why people would get their mouths so frothy about a company not making what they would consider a sub-par sub-comp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts