Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the nre Mpro0-7 or the new hoppes elite? whats your favorite and why? Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
I primarily use Hoppes #9. I'm sure there is better stuff out there, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Plus, it's super availible. Every store has it.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
you see my dad has been useing hoppes as long as he can remember his dad useing on his old Colts and granddad useing it on his old 10 gauge and 22. It' all I have ever used.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've been usuing #9 for as long as I've been shooting. I've tried others and always come back to Hoppes........and I Love the smell
Regards Sonny

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I bought the Outers cleaning kit and the bore solvent that comes with it can only be used in a WELL VENTILATED area. If you don't, it will make you dizzy...I know.

I switched to synthetic Hoppes Elite cleaner and oil - no fumes and no odor. The oil is great, you can feel it sticking to the metal and I could actually feel the difference in how easier the slide moved!

Tom

·
Registered
416 Posts
I bought some of the "gel" MPro7 awhile back & couldn't tell the difference between it and Murphy's Oil Soap. If I want to use soap on a gun I've got a cupboard full in the kitchen.
Nowadays I use FP-10 for a general CLP. On guns like the XD and Ruger MKII that are a PITA to detail strip I use whatever brand of nitro solvent that I can get in a spray can; usually Outer's ([email protected]'s).

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am addicted to # 9. Every time I smell it I am instantly reminded of Autumn mornings long ago. The crisp, cold smell of fresh arctic air and fallen wood. The soft crunch of dead leaves under boot. All the good stuff of early hunting experiences... 8)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts