Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty,

*Ramble Warning*

I bought my XD-40 Service from the Mentor Ohio Gander Mountain in early Febuary of this year. They had been asking $430 for them with two magazines. When the package deal came along with the third magazine and XD-Gear holster they sold those packages on sale for $420. This is the deal I got and given the fact that I had $125 in gift cards (from Christmas presents from the in-laws) it was a heck of a deal. In mid April at a local gun shop in Mentor Ohio I found an XD-40 Tactical for $469. Not a great price but I didn't think it was bad either especially since it was the first Tactical I had seen locally after looking for several months. Well I went into Gander Mountain last night and they were asking $469 for a XD-40 Service and IIRC $509 for the XD-357 Service? Wow! what's with the price increase? The other thing that was killing me was a used XD-40 Service in the used display case and they were only asking $345 for it. It had a little holster wear but probably only had 1000 rounds through it. It seems like someone is getting a bit greedy; not sure if it’s SA or Gander Mountain. Have you guys noticed similar trends?

mcb

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R/T Performance said:
{snip}
That used is a steal :)
I though so too but if I came home with a third XD then I probably would have ended up being the first thing shot with it. :shock: The "girlfriend with two rings" was a little put out :x when I bought my second XD. I have to get some house work done before I buy another firearm or I'm going to be living in the garage. :D

mcb

·
Registered
57 Posts
R/T Performance said:
When the gear came out they jacked up the price.until gander put them on sale.

When the package came out, that same Gander in Mentor wanted about $480. He said "look at all you get." Fin, Feather, Furs (somewhere west) were selling them for $420 from the get go. I held off but it worked out, I got a used one for $350 (private sale,no tax :))

·
Registered
163 Posts
yeah i noticed at my local shop. i refuse to shoot there but everytime they sell one they raise the price :roll: i got mine for 470 currently there at 500 and msrp for the 4in service 9mm is 514. glocks sell for 500 and msrp for over 600.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a new 4" service model in 9 mm last weekend from my local gun shop. He said it was "on sale" for $449. Not a bad price, since in northern New England they are hard to find anywhere. In mid-April, at another gun shop in this area, I bought his only 9 mm XD sub-compact. It's a bi-tone and came w/two 10 round magazines, a 15 rounder w/sleeve and the XD Gear holster. Price of $515 really wasn't too bad, and it was the first sub-compact I'd been able to find in a 50 mile radius. These pistols have become very popular, which nudges up there prices.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I guess were a little lucky around here... We have a shop that buys direct from Springfield and from what I understand this helps them with the costs... My Service .40 Cal was $407 new ... They also offer Subcompact 9 or .40 for $469 with a XML Light... not bad...

-TIM

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Try buying used if you can find them. Remember, lifetime warranty. My XD-9 Service was bought used. Used guns wil usualy save you a few bucks

·
Registered
278 Posts
My 40 service was $415 last October, I'll have to check what Sportsman's Wherehouse is selling them for now. Local dealers were anywhere from $489 to $545.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I paid $527 for my XD-9 promo pack. It was a ported model which I didn't like so I took it back and ended up paying another 80 bucks to get the non-ported model so all together it cost me $610. It was a shitty deal but I love my XD and it was worth every penny for the switch to the non-ported model IMHO.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The dollar is worth less now against the Euro. I'm not saying that it all of it, but ask anybody who regularly buys European goods or vacations in Europe, and their dollar is buying less than it did a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
22 Posts
a month and a half ago at the local shop they had a new XD-9 4" with 2 10 round mags on sale for $399. i wasnt even planning on buying a gun, but when i saw that i just felt that i needed it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Dealer price thru Jerry's is $392.50 for the Service and SC and the Bi-tone goes up to $414.90, the Tactical is around $420 as well. Good luck and try not to over pay. The package deal that were available were the same price, dont let Gun Shops tell you they were more.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts