Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it about the 1911 that has such magnetism? I bought my 1st 1911 less that 2 weeks ago and im already having the urge to get another ( ruger 1911) and possibly getting a 9mm version for my wife and maybe a 9mm version for me ... see how it works.. its like a sickness I imagine before too long my gunsafe will be over run with 1911's ( im on the edge of removing my xd and xdm as my fav pistol and replacing them with a 1911 as No1 on my list) all in all I can see a kimber or 2 in my future and quite possibly a few more rock islands.... again its a sickness! does anyone else have a case of 1911ism? did I mention that I want a sig c3?

·
Registered
559 Posts
it's a disease, there is no cure, you can only embrace it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm a surviver...but its probably because I got an RIA. I had it two weeks and traded it for my Xd. I just couldn't fall in love with it like alot of guys do.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Ill shoot just about anything, but I think my attachement to pistols of the 1911 variety is mainly due to the insane amount of options available on them. You can go anywhere from a "GI" model to full blown raceguns. Custom parts are available nearly everywhere.

Its the AR of the pistol world. No limit to what you can do with them.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
I was a user a long time ago, but ehhhh. We are in the 21st century now.
Back in the "day" late 70's early 80's they were a dime a dozen, and now I'm amazed :shock: at what they are getting for them.

I did happen to fondle a new RIA compact 1911 a few days ago, and that stock trigger was something that made me say "hmmmm" once again. Was really surprised at what ya get for the money. I would also have to start reloading again to afford the amount of lead I happen to send down range. So if I had another, it would not see near as much action as my others do.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm trying to hold off on starting my sickness.

I'm really wanting to get a ruger 1911, and I can afford a new gun. But I know that after getting this one it's going to open the floodgates and I'll be forced to buy at least an EMP and probably a Kimber or something. I can't afford that...

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Theyre fantastic, thats what. I love the trigger, the look, the weight, the feel....pretty much everything about them. I am going to "buy my wife" an EMP 9mm as soon as I can afford it and probably going to "get her" a Crossbreed for it as well, I havent decided...then its onto the Springfield Loaded Champion Lightweight, and then a Kimber Ultra Covert and then...maybe a Nighthawk or Wilson Combat...man this could get bad...lol

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure, I bought one because of all the hype... fun gun to shoot, accurate as can be, but a tank of a gun.
Thats part of the appeal.. its a tank and built like one to boot! Hell the gi's used em and some still do, thats gotta speak for something! While im not gonna cc one anytime soon, it is alot more fun at the range. I wil leave the cc to my "tupperware" xd45c. but then again I dont mind a good hefty weapon either, kinda gives you that "Goliath" feeling! your not just shooting a .45 your shooting a .45 with style!

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Since buying my first 1911, that is all I've bought since, except for the G19.
I've sold other guns to buy more 1911s..;)

But they aren't for everyone..:-|

·
Registered
192 Posts
Everyone should have a good plastic pistol. But with 1911's and revolvers, you need at least 2 and want many more.

I used to just think that $2000+ for a Wilson or Nighthawk was plain crazy. Now I think that $2500-$3500 is a mistake worth making.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
The Kool-aid is just stupid sweet. Be careful when drinking and remember that one glass is not nearly enough.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The Kool-aid is just stupid sweet. Be careful when drinking and remember that one glass is not nearly enough.
It's delicious. I'd offer you a glass, but you seem to have had too much hateraid to drink already, and it's time to cut you off before you make a fool of yourself. ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
The 1911 will live forever as will the Small Block Chevy. Reload, Refuel, Drive

·
Registered
127 Posts
I love my Springfield 1911... and want more! lol

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thats part of the appeal.. its a tank and built like one to boot! Hell the gi's used em and some still do, thats gotta speak for something! While im not gonna cc one anytime soon, it is alot more fun at the range. I wil leave the cc to my "tupperware" xd45c. but then again I dont mind a good hefty weapon either, kinda gives you that "Goliath" feeling! your not just shooting a .45 your shooting a .45 with style!
LOL...I purchased an S&W M&P .40c for my carry gun....since I got my permit all I have carried is my RIA .45...:D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Selling off all my plastics except my vehicle gun to buy more 1911s. In Texas it gets too hot to leave a steel framed 1911 in the glove box. Tried it once. Never again.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts