Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some crazy stuff around town people are paying retarded amounts of money for and just now saw on gunbroker.com that some guy/gal just paid $175.00 for (5) 30 rnd Flat Dark Earth Pmags. Jesus...H

I understand that those things are good and all and everyone is saying they are back ordered for months but 5 for $175...:shock:

Must be nice to have money to throw around....:(

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
wow I have 15 dark earth PMags, does that mean I could get $525, LOL:-D

·
Registered
752 Posts
I could go on for a long time about the prices at the FW Gun Show. Someone was trying to sell a Rock River Arms tactical carbine for $1800. I paid $900 for mine a year ago.
The biggest shock was with AKs. WASR-10's which are $400 guns were $700 minimum.

·
Banned
7,749 Posts
I bet all this gun/products price gouging will go about like gas prices have over the last 5 months or so. Eventually they will come down to reasonable again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There was zero price gouging on the Pmags on gunbroker. The auction started out at $60 but ended up at $175. Some people just want things to fast and to badly and will stop at nothing to recieve them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Houston High Caliber Gun Show was massively over-priced. Even though they sold out of mags very quickly, USGI mags that should be $8-10 were going for $20 each minimum. PMAGs 25+.

+1 to the AK prices through the roof. I didn't see anything under $700 in the AK dept. Nothing under $1000 in the ARs (ones that SHOULD be under $1000).

The same Bushmaster that Academy Sports is selling for $899 was going for 12-1300, etc. Seems like people should stick to larger dealers, who seem less likely to price gouge. I think this is certainly a "bubble" that will end up with a lot of excess supply, which will drive prices down after the demand calms down. *Personally, I purchased a Stag Model 2 deal pre-election for $650 shipped (including sling and (2) pmags)* I could not imagine paying the insane prices people are paying now.

No ammo anywhere to be found at the gun show. All in all, I picked up a 25 rnd mag for my Ruger 10/22 (steel lips butler creek - $22) because I was bored and got the heck out of there. Wasted $8 for admission and was jammed in there like a sardine.

-Ross

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
friend of mine

his son just paid 1400 for a M&P, is that about right?

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Saw a DPMS LPK on Gunbroker last night going for $95-100. No bids yet though.

Funny considering I can backorder them through Brownell's for $50.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Stupidest/Dumbest price I have seen yet...a stripped Stag lower for $325. I picked up a pistol at my FFL's and he had just done a transfer for a customer. He was so horrified that a guy he transferred a lower for paid that much that he kept a copy of the receipt from the transferer for "his records." (More like to show his other customers how stupid this guy was to pay $325 for a stripped AR-15 lower)!!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Holy cow! Maybe I should sell a few dozen Pmags to that same guy...

Stupidest/Dumbest price I have seen yet...a stripped Stag lower for $325. I picked up a pistol at my FFL's and he had just done a transfer for a customer. He was so horrified that a guy he transferred a lower for paid that much that he kept a copy of the receipt from the transferer for "his records." (More like to show his other customers how stupid this guy was to pay $325 for a stripped AR-15 lower)!!

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
I bet all this gun/products price gouging will go about like gas prices have over the last 5 months or so. Eventually they will come down to reasonable again.
maybe, but then again, gas may not become "illegal". i think this is why $400 rifles are fetching $700.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I will admit I have sold a few items at a highly inflated rate. Friday after the election, sold 5 PMAGs, all were black, 2 with windows and the ranger pulls. $230, to a some "balla" (I called him a trust fund baby) who drove a H2 SUT and bought a few RRA rifles "just incase" he said. Like I posted in the ARF, I usually would feel bad about a transaction, but you had to be there and hear him talk to the gun dealer. It was as if he had money crawling out of his pants that he had to get rid of, plus his stupid slang talk he was trowing around.. "yous gots ta have PMAGS for me man".

AR15.COM :: Forums :: SIG pistol on GB Bid Up To $2200! Paaleeze!

Link to said thread about my last discussion on the mags I sold.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Write down the names, dates, locations and method of gouging and tell EVERYONE about it so we can Fail To Patronize these people in the future.

You know, like CTD. Bye-Bye, CTD!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Its like anything else, its worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it. I've seen alot of lowers on GB going for around or above $200. Same with the $700 WASR's.

I read recently a post about Saiga 12's and how their not worth the $650-700, one person came on and simply said the only people who think they're not worth that are the people who can't afford them.

As far as the price gouging, isn't that the american way, supply and demand. I don't plan on buying anything anytime soon, because I won't pay the insane prices for AK's, AR's, etc. But I was smart enough to buy everything I wanted long before the "scare"
At this point the only thing I don't have in my collection that I want is a M1 Garand, but at this rate soon I'll be able to trade a stripped lower for one lol.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I've been keeping an eye on gunbroker auctions for lowers. Yesterday there was a Colt lower that was approaching $600. I'd really love to find a Noveske lower somewhere but I can't find any.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Oh, also saw a DPMS complete lower with a2 stock for $510

·
Registered
87 Posts
One of the local gun shops had CMMG lowers on NOV 5th for $115. On NOV 6th, they were $300. When I asked him why he kicked the price up, he said it was due to the manufacturer kicking his prices up (BS). So then I asked how he sold all his lowers I looked at the day before and got a new shipment in at the inflated price in less than 12 hours. He just said that that isnt the way it works, so I left and dont plan on going back.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts