Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a 1911 soon an the two I'm looking at are the SA champion operator and the kimber pro tle/rl ii. I'm leaning toward the SA because I like the brand. Any reason I should get the Kimber over the SA?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Both are nice.

1 year warranty on the Kimber.
What's on the SA?
If it's better, you may want to take that into consideration.

I love my Kimber and think the quality is great. Never had an issue.
Pro Carry II.

Just my 2 cents worth...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just found the SA used at my local gun shop for $750 low round count. Im going to go look at it this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Springfield has amazing CS and I believe a lifetime warrenty.

D

·
0 Posts
Most people will recommend SA. Kimber has a spotty reliability record, a spotty CS quality record, and only have a one year warranty.

·
Registered
778 Posts
^^
a lot of people say that, yet when the time comes to name names they have a hard time naming some one that they know that has had issues with their Kimber.

Kimber puts out a lot of guns, and just like any other mechanical devices there are going to be some failures. It just so happens that when you are one of the largest 1911 mfg's you have a higher # of failures, although it may end up being a lower % than other mfg's due to the quantity they produce. Same goes For SA and their 1911's

I think that you will find many more people that are happy with their choice to get a Kimber than those disappointed.

Pick the one you like and don't rely on 3rd and 4th hand opinions from people on forums that may or may not be talking about something they have no personal experience.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
If there is any 1911 maker that has the shorter 1911s down well...it is Kimber. I know several people that own the smaller Kimbers and have had no troubles at all.

That said, my 5" TLE II has also been trouble free and very accurate.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
1,540 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! I shot it next to the Kimber that was in question. Both used the Kimber had a horrible front sight and an after market trigger. Both the same price but I liked the SA a bit better.

·
Registered
778 Posts
OP looks good.
I am still not sure though if I like the rails on a 1911 though...

i like th modern look and the functionality of them, but when I think 1911, i don't think of a rail....

maybe the next 5' i get will be a rail gun??? :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! I shot 7 rounds out of it before I bought her. I'm headed to my deer lease tonight to shoot some more!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^
a lot of people say that, yet when the time comes to name names they have a hard time naming some one that they know that has had issues with their Kimber.

Kimber puts out a lot of guns, and just like any other mechanical devices there are going to be some failures. It just so happens that when you are one of the largest 1911 mfg's you have a higher # of failures, although it may end up being a lower % than other mfg's due to the quantity they produce. Same goes For SA and their 1911's

I think that you will find many more people that are happy with their choice to get a Kimber than those disappointed.

Pick the one you like and don't rely on 3rd and 4th hand opinions from people on forums that may or may not be talking about something they have no personal experience.
I ended up buying my wife a Kimber pro carry 2 9mm after I picked up the operator and it had constant FTE with multiple ammo brands. I hope the customer service is as good as SA! 4-6 week wait

1 - 16 of 16 Posts