Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of trijicon 2011 3 green dot tritium lamps. the white outline on the rear sight has all but worn away. Anyone else experience this? Is this a warranty thing? I mean I paid 100$ for them you figure they would hold up.
this is my carry pistol, a Beretta 8040F and it gets plenty of use, but 100$ sights should withstand me I would think. I've never used anything abrasive on this pistol. MC25 degreaser is the most harsh chem used- it's green.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
How old are they?

Things happen but Trijicon is a top notch company. A white outline can be a quick fix though.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I miss when trijicons were 100 dollars. From my experience with Trijicon, they will warranty pretty much everything except for the tritium tubes themselves, so you should be good. Just call them up to verify and then fill out their request return sheet and they will handle it for you. Top Tier companies, typically offer top tier warranties. From my experience, Trijicon is no exception.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
I have a set of trijicon 2011 3 green dot tritium lamps. the white outline on the rear sight has all but worn away. Anyone else experience this? Is this a warranty thing? I mean I paid 100$ for them you figure they would hold up.
this is my carry pistol, a Beretta 8040F and it gets plenty of use, but 100$ sights should withstand me I would think. I've never used anything abrasive on this pistol. MC25 degreaser is the most harsh chem used- it's green.
Trijicon uses superior lamps, compared to Meprolight; however, Meprolight uses a white plastic insert for the white rings. Trijcon uses a paint of some kind that will deteriorate over a period of time, due, probably, to cleaning solvents, etc.

The rings are useless to anybody who actually knows what "sight picture" means, anyhow. I always ignore the dots, when shooting in daylight. When you're shooting in low light, you'll have dots to line up.

I'm sure Trijicon would slap a little new paint on those sights, if you felt strongly enough about the faded rings to send them back.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes I know to focus on the front sight, place it on the target and the bullet follows. I didn't want to right about proper shooting technique, just if anyone else's paint had worn off.
they are from 2011.

my main concern is that if the rear circles are coming off it would suck to have the front one gone as well.

I will contact Trijicon today or tomorrow one, I just hate having to send my slide off again!!!! urgh.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
yes I know to focus on the front sight, place it on the target and the bullet follows. I didn't want to right about proper shooting technique, just if anyone else's paint had worn off.
they are from 2011.

my main concern is that if the rear circles are coming off it would suck to have the front one gone as well.

I will contact Trijicon today or tomorrow one, I just hate having to send my slide off again!!!! urgh.
I'm sure they'll take care of you. I guess you could just return the Trijicons to wherever you bought them and buy some Meprolights. :cool: BTW, I wasn't referring to "finding the front sight, blah, blah, blah," in my mentioning of sight picture.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
A steady hand, a toothpick and some white nail polish will do the trick. I wore out the outline of my front site on my M&P9c and I just touched it up with some nail polish. I did that a little over a year ago and it actually has held up just fine. I think I redid it once a few months ago because the white was looking a little "dull". Probably not the answer you were looking for, but it works for me.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sure they'll take care of you. I guess you could just return the Trijicons to wherever you bought them and buy some Meprolights. :cool: BTW, I wasn't referring to "finding the front sight, blah, blah, blah," in my mentioning of sight picture.
I understand sight picture is the relationship bt the front sight and rear sight and unique to different guns.

I guesswhen saying finding the front sight I was assuming you thought I was already looking down the rear sights, I meant more for shooting moving targets I guess, the following with the front sights.
With the rear paint wearing I was just curious if anyone had the same prob with the front sight. I'd like to keep it standing out a bit if possible in daylight.

I have the HD version also. no dots in the rear, I like those as well.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
I believe I've seen posts on forums like this where the consumer repainted the Trijicon circles, using the tip of a toothpick. Don't know how well that would work. I was teaching a newbie to shoot yesterday, and she had a lot easier time lining up three dots with my Meps than learning to gain a correct sight picture, using my Ruger 22/45, which doesn't have dots.

I guess I've just shot so much that I don't notice the dots in the daylight.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. Yea as soon as I pick this gun up the sights are lined up naturally almost so I know what you mean. I shoot it by feel almost. I just like the circles lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts