Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Upsides: Good quality holster for half the price of most similar models. One of the best warrenties in the industry. Free shell exchanges if you decide to carry a different gun. Adjustable retention and swappable shells. Very comfortable and the gun stays in place. Three holes per side with threaded nuts in each hole for depth and cant adjustment.

Downsides: Long shipping time, currently around 5-6 weeks. Rather large footprint, thicker leather, thicker shells.

BTW I own the original model with shells for both my XDs 3.3 and my XDsc.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
I have two of them, I like them so well they fit the bill, I have the old style and the new one, 2.0. I have a few shells so when I need to change out guns I can change the shell.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Upsides: Good quality holster for half the price of most similar models. One of the best warrenties in the industry. Free shell exchanges if you decide to carry a different gun. Adjustable retention and swappable shells. Very comfortable and the gun stays in place. Three holes per side with threaded nuts in each hole for depth and cant adjustment.

Downsides: Long shipping time, currently around 5-6 weeks. Rather large footprint, thicker leather, thicker shells.

BTW I own the original model with shells for both my XDs 3.3 and my XDsc.
Have one on order, 2 weeks and counting. I ordered a shell for the XDS and a week later already have it. The gun falls out of the shell without the back. <LOL>.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I like my Alien Gear holster and use it regularly. However, my N82 is more comfortable and I use that too. The problem is that while I find the N82 more comfortable, I find the Alien Gear more easily concealable. So get both! :)

Reactions: TeflonDon

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Love mine! Was carrying a Ruger P89 in one
:shock:

Good night, that's a beast of a gun to carry in anything other than an OWB duty rig!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just found another thread from a year ago comparing the Alien Gear to the Firearms from Gavin. I just ordered the Firearms based on the smaller footprint, fleece backing, and custom options.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Has anyone compared the Alien Gear to the Firearm Holsters?
Yes. I have an Alien Gear holster and shells for my Glock, XDm, and Shield. They are pretty good holsters. Comfortable and well built.

I have Firearm Holsters for my XDm and Shield. For some reason, and I can;t really put my finger on it, I prefer the Firearm Holsters. They seem to have a smaller profile. Maybe that's it. Or maybe it's the color combination of the leather and stitching. Or the fact that I can switch to OWB by removing the clips. Or the felt backing. The price is not that much difference when you add in the shipping for the AG holster. Shipping was included with the FA Holsters.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I have an Alien on order with two shells so cannot rave about it. If I have issues with it with either gun I will explore the Crossbreed.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Placed a order for a IWB and OWB on Dec 21st (sunday) and received them both on Jan 9th so a little over 2 actual weeks. Not bad I say but that's my first experience with them and I have to say excellent quality and well worth every penny.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Placed an order on January 4. Shipped on the 17th.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts