Springfield XD Forum banner

What's the bigest number of guns you ever bought in a month?

• 6+

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going over it in my head and I realize that I bought 7 guns in this month alone. I think this is a new record for me. Anyone else with my problem?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I used to have a good time going to a nearby pawnshop and Big-5 sporting goods. I would buy Finnish M-39 Mosin Nagants for $59 and later sell them for nearly 3 times that because I was able to handpick premium models. The pawnshop guy I knew was nice, but had limited knowledge on firearms. I would buy Swedish Mausers from him for $60 and sell them for a profit. A very rare Finnish M-27 ski trooper rifle for $40 and so on. I also got a No.5 Enfield Jungle carbine for my collection. Sadly that pawnshop stopped selling firearms and the stuff from Big-5 is now just commonplace.

I voted 4 in a span of one month was the most I ever bought.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
I bought 9 in one month. All C&R. One was a 5 M44s for $99 from (u-fix-ems)Century, got 2 CZ52s with consecutive SN for $250, and 2 SKSs for $400. One was an E. German and one 1950 Russian. Gotta love credit cards.............

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Sheesh. My lowly vote of "1" seems so unworthy here. I could never imagine having that much money gathered together to buy more than one gun at a time. I'm so jealous! My 2 XDs over a few month's time is the limit for me for a while now (unless I hit the lottery). :(

·
Registered
275 Posts
xd 357 sig
s&w 38 air weight
1911 trp custom
s&w 66 357
kel tec p11 its gone hated it
ruger 44
browning 9mm
remington 710
sig 239
all from gander mountain the funny part of story on the last one I was buying that had a sale 50.00 bucks off of anything 400.00 or more I picked one at 399.99 they did not want to give me the fifty off I had to make a stink the guy selling it to me called the manager and hung up the phone and quitly said manager is on the way start bitching and you will get it off ... He was right but you can imagine I spent alot in there all in about 15 day's NO I am not loaded unexpected bonus check from work
I cant save money I figure this is a good retirement fund they don't loose money if ya take care off them (ask my wife) LOL

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
dave_in_delaware said:
Sheesh. My lowly vote of "1" seems so unworthy here. I could never imagine having that much money gathered together to buy more than one gun at a time. I'm so jealous! My 2 XDs over a few month's time is the limit for me for a while now (unless I hit the lottery). :(

Something to keep in mind is that those of us that are saying "6+" are probably buying a bunch of old Mosin's and Yugo SKS's. It's not like we're buying 6 new Browning HP. :)

Mine was 6 M1 Garands in the same shipment. Thank you CMP, here's my money.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This month for me was XD-9 Service, XD-9 Tactical, CZ-52, Romak-3 type SVD, 2x Glock 17 and a CZ-83 in 9x18 mm Makarov. I don't have enough room for more rifles. :( One of the reasons I ended up not buying that Shmidt-Rubin k-31 two weeks ago. I am trying to convince my wife we need a bigger safe, think I am suceeding. She was asking about the model I had in mind, a Challenger Champion 60. I think she agrees but is balking at the price.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update. OK, so I bought 8 guns this month. I was at the store, minding my own business, picking up my new CZ-83 in 9x18mm Makarov that arrived from Atlanta today when I heard a voice calling me from the used bin. "Buy me." it said. There it was, a beautiful, pristine CZ-75B Military made in 1993 with one 10 rnd and one 15 rnd magazine for only $329. The gun was barely fired, I doubt more then a box of 9mm ever went down the bore. As I already had the BATF proceed on paper work filed for the CZ-83, I called the wife, got an OK from her and we added it to the paperwork. Now I need to clean another gun. This one will be turned into a competition gun with fiber optic front sight for action pistol matches. One can never have too many CZs.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
lol

But can only say one... but then again I only have 1. Does that count? I don't have the money for that... I'm addicted to poker also.

How many have you bought to date?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DNM said:
lol

But can only say one... but then again I only have 1. Does that count? I don't have the money for that... I'm addicted to poker also.

How many have you bought to date?
Hmm, Let see. Hand guns first - 2 XD-9 Service, 1 XD-9 Tactical, 2 GLock 17, 1 Taurus PT-92 AR, 1 Taurus M44CP4, Taurus M83, 4 CZ-75 B, 1 CZ-85 Combat, 3 CZ-83, 1 CZ-97B, 2 CZ-40P, 1 CZ-52, 1 CZ Kadet Conversion Kit, 2 HK P2000, 1 HK USP Compact, 1 Walther P99, 1 Springfield 1911-A1 Milspec, 1 Kimber Eclipse Pro II, 1 Kimber CDP Compact, 1 Steyr M-9, 1 Smith & Wesson M29 6 1/2", 1 Smith & Wesson SW99, 1 Smith & Wesson 4563 TSW, 1 Ruger Vacquero and 2 Ruger Mk-II. Now for the long guns - 1 Colt AR-15 HBAR, 2 Olympic Arms AR-15, 1 Beretta CX-4 Storm, 1 CAI - R1A1 Sporter FAL, 1 CAI - SAR-1 AKM, 1 Ruger 10/22, 1 CZ-452, 1 VZ-24, 1 Moisin Nagant M44, 2 x Russian SKS, 1 AMD-65 AKM, 1 ROMAK-3 FPK SVD, 1 Mossberg 500A, 1 Remington 870 and 1 Winchester 94.

I have sold/traded a few of these so my collection at this time is only the following: 2 XD-9 Service, 1 XD-9 Tactical, 2 GLock 17, 1 Taurus PT-92 AR, 1 Taurus M44CP4, Taurus M83, 2 CZ-75 B, 1 CZ-85 Combat, 3 CZ-83, 1 CZ-52, 1 CZ Kadet Conversion Kit, 1 HK USP Compact,1 Ruger Vacquero, 1 Ruger Mk-II, 2 Olympic Arms AR-15, 1 Beretta CX-4 Storm, 1 CAI - R1A1 Sporter FAL, 1 CAI - SAR-1 AKM, 1 CZ-452, 1 AMD-65 AKM, 1 ROMAK-3 FPK SVD, 1 Mossberg 500A, 1 Remington 870.

I keep only what I like and what I really like I buy multiple copies of. Thank the NRA for Armscare Plus.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
[TASF said:
Maverick]
manygunner said:
Just imagine my frustration at being delayed every time I buy a gun because of my alien status, but I do wait. So can you.
You complained about this and you bought 7 firearms in a month...
Hey man, gun ownership takes dedication and responsibility. What kind of a gun owner are you if you aren't buying several a month, regardless of the hurdles and obstacles in the way? :)

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[TASF said:
Maverick]
manygunner said:
Just imagine my frustration at being delayed every time I buy a gun because of my alien status, but I do wait. So can you.
Yup. You would figure after I bought a few they would just have a rubber stamp ready for us repeat purchasers. Don't they get tired of running the same check on the same guy every week?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
manygunner said:
[TASF said:
Maverick]
manygunner said:
Yup. You would figure after I bought a few they would just have a rubber stamp ready for us repeat purchasers. Don't they get tired of running the same check on the same guy every week?
Haha so I'm assuming you made seven trips to the gun store and bought a gun each time. If so, I bet they loooovvveed you :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Hey manygunner, what caliber is your CZ-452 rifle?

I've got the carbine in 7.62x39 (of course :eek: )

Nice wood and awesome set trigger :)

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hobocircus said:

The CZ-452 is a .22 LR bolt action. The one you got is a CZ-527.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
manygunner said:
hobocircus said:

The CZ-452 is a .22 LR bolt action. The one you got is a CZ-527.
Well I got the "CZ" part correct :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
PHARMAC said:
ONLINE-PHARMACY Low Price Guaranty

TESTOSTERONE
This is a firearms forum, I doubt we have a need for that stuff. :lol: Actually we may be able to sell you some in bulk. Need some donors? :lol:

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
My answer was 5. And after 5 the old, "but, honey it followed me home" excuse ran out. :lol:
Here are the 5:
Kel-Tec P32 .32 cal Semi-Auto 12-4-05
Mossberg 500A 12-Gauge 12-18-05
Taurus Millenium PT-145 .45 12-21-05
Beretta 9000S .40 S&W 12-26-05
Hi-Point 4095 .40 cal. Carbine 12-30-05

1 - 20 of 23 Posts