Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been surfing the net trying to find the best deals on 1000 round bundles of ammo, and have found where I am buying most of my ammo, but found out that the place I use to buy my .40 ammo from has raised prices...and now I am wondering what the better deal is.

1000 rounds of reliable 180g FMJ reloads for $250 to the door.
up side, its cheaper
down side, it is only usable at the range, and if it were to break my XD it would void warenty
or
1000 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 180g JHP for $320 to the door.
up side, with 1000 rounds I could use it as my range/target ammo and use it as my personal defence ammo and know exactly how it feels to shoot, and any malfunctions would be covered under warenty, also I would be able to order all the ammo I am ordering from the same website and get it at the same time
down side, its $80 more...

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i say go for the gold dots. you could allways sell some to a friend and make your $80 back pretty fast,

or if you can you could get 500 a piece if they offer that

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
For $80 I would go with self defense rounds. For my XD40 I practice and carry Ranger Ts, yes bought them when they were cheap and avalable. And no I don't blast away at the range, I just get my work in. Not to say I don't use WWB but for $80 get the good stuff.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$70 would be an even better deal!:grin:
lol, good catch...I think it was a little late when I posted...a little passed my bed time

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and not to start a new thread, what would be the best choice for 7.62x39? Golden Tiger FMJ, Wolf JHP,Military Clasic JHP...they are exactly the same price, and unless SHTF will be used at the range...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Classic Arms has good deals on both Wolf and Golden Tiger and also sealed 700 round Battle Packs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts