Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
more accurately what is in your everyday carry?

A recent conversation with friends made me want to make a habit of bringing the same items everyday. I work in an office setting, so I can't play GI Joe so I had to find solutions that would not draw too much attention me.

Here is what I have and I would love to hear/see others in what they bring and how you carry it. Next project is to work on a bail out bag.

Husky brand pouch purchased at Home Depot carries the following: a Velcro strap with D ring to attach my keys, Bushnell tactical light 320 lumens purchased at Walmart (which has become a favorite as I can take that on the plane with me and no one hassles me about it), sharpie pens, notebook, Plantronics Voyager ear piece and charging case, iPhone 6 plus in a Catalyst case (drop proof, water proof, etc. so much better than LifeProof), attached to my phone is an elastic band holding all my cards as I don't like to carry a wallet, Leatherman Skeletool, and work ID.

Stealth gear USA Onyx carries my XD Mod 2 in 9mm 13+1 and a spare 16-round mag carried on my belt.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
image.jpg

image.jpg

also have 3 Life Straws and a Portable Filter in my Slingbag and have added a Pearce +2 extension to my carry magazine and an extra box of Speer Gold Dots and carry a Kershaw Automatic Knife in lieu of the crappy Microtech Clone

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Switched to an Alien Gear 3.0 holster for the Shield, but here's what I usually carry...

I also have a sling bag handy that has medical kit, binoculars, paracord + lighter, Clif bars, and electronic accessories, not too different than @R3dbull4dd1kt 's kit.
Calvin is Essential Equipment

·
Registered
148 Posts
On my person I carry a Benchmade Barrage, Chapstick, mini Bic, Streamlight ProTac. Not displayed- Smartphone, wallet w/cash, keys w/Nano flashlight & 550 cord.
uploadfromtaptalk1452583372920.jpg

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I'm too lazy to go through the trouble of taking a pic, uploading, and then posting it, but I carry my keys/wallet, my CC, phone, Spyderco Delica, and pepper spray.

Of the things I see people carrying, I'm surprised more don't carry pepper spray. I'm inclined to believe you'll run into an idiot in the street/store/restaurant over some major meltdown of society.

·
Premium Member
17,767 Posts
Of the things I see people carrying, I'm surprised more don't carry pepper spray. I'm inclined to believe you'll run into an idiot in the street/store/restaurant over some major meltdown of society.
They're kinda bulky. I carry one when I'm out walking with my wife because of stupid little dogs as a first line of defense, baton as second line. I've used pepper spray on a copperhead.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
There was a time I carried a condom in my wallet as a backup. I always prepared beforehand if I expected action so carried appropriately. Then there was the one time I didn't expect action and wouldn't you know it, the backup had dried out and crumbled out of the wrapper. Sad faces all around.

Does that count?

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
There was a time I carried a condom in my wallet as a backup. I always prepared beforehand if I expected action so carried appropriately. Then there was the one time I didn't expect action and wouldn't you know it, the backup had dried out and crumbled out of the wrapper. Sad faces all around.

Does that count?
Pull it out!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have been looking into being more prepared, some good info on what to carry.

I need to be a little more prepared.........this guy has it figured out, I'd like to know how much his EDC weighs, if I carried all that I'd be over 300!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think I have it figured out what my EDC is going to look like, still need to purchase a few of the items:

1. XDS 9 3.3/StealthGear USA Onyx IWB Holster (Can't carry at work)
2. Spare Mag/Mag Holder (Not sure what mag holder yet, thinking one tuckable IWB and one horizontal OWB)
3. Kershaw Blur Tanto Black Serrated folding Knife w/pocket clip (When not at work, doesn't work to well with dress pants)
4. Victorinox Manager Knife
5. FourSevens Preon 2 Pen Light w/pocket clip (Again when not at work)
6. Wallet w/money clip
7. iPhone 6s w/CM4 Case that holds 3 credit cards
8. Truck Key Fob (Push button start, I leave my key chain with all my keys in the console in my truck)
9. Chapstick
10. Handkerchief
10. Zippo Slim Lighter
11. Apple Watch
12. Gun Belt (When CC)

Soon to be added:
Ruger LCP Custom .380 w/pocket holster and ankle holster (for use when clothing doesn't allow IWB)

·
Premium Member
17,767 Posts
@1860Angler - Looks good. I love my Kershaw Blur but my experience is that the grip tape they put on it is very good for gripping but hard on pants. I carry my Emerson when wearing dress pants so I don't abrade the fabric. Maybe that would work for you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts