Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that I lent some money to and I'm holding his XDSC 40. It's in really clean condition and hasn't been shot much but the case and all accessories were lost in a house fire. Luckily he had the pistol in his vehicle.

What would this gun be worth as a fair buyer and seller price?

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I would say about 400
^This

I bought a very lightly used XD40SC with TruGlo Fiber Optic sights for $400 a few months ago.

Modifications tend to make me nervous. If the owner did the mod's themselves ... they may or may not have had any real idea how to do them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a friend that I lent some money to and I'm holding his XDSC 40. It's in really clean condition and hasn't been shot much but the case and all accessories were lost in a house fire. Luckily he had the pistol in his vehicle.

What would this gun be worth as a fair buyer and seller price?
You can buy it NEW for around $400 if you just get the "kit" with 2 mags, lock, and cleaning brush (no gun and mag holsters), and taxes and background check fees would add about $30 to that. Add another $25 if you have to pay transfer fees. I'd say $350-375 would be a fair price for a used XD40.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got my XD Sub .40 with the XD Gear and 300 rounds of ammo for $339.00!
It maybe had 50 rounds thru it. We have an indoor range here that sells guns as well. It was on consignment.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
You can buy it NEW for around $400 if you just get the "kit" with 2 mags, lock, and cleaning brush (no gun and mag holsters), and taxes and background check fees would add about $30 to that. Add another $25 if you have to pay transfer fees. I'd say $350-375 would be a fair price for a used XD40.
Complete XD40SC package is $454.00, shipped from JetGuns: Springfield XD 40S&W 3" Black PKG -- for Sale at JetGuns $454.00

If you can find one of the Essentials packages (no speed loader, holster, etc), you might be able to get it for close to $400 new.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Springfield XD is currently my favorite pistol. I really like this post. I have always been partial to Sig. However, they are a little out of my price range. Honestly I was sold on a Glock 32 until I came across this review. I am going to go hold the sa xd and see for myself. I suspect I will leave with it over the G32.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I loaned the boy $370 for the XDSC with a cheap holster and one mag with extention. If he don't pay me back in the next week I may just give him a permit and have me a new carry weapon LOL. Not a steal but fair enough I guess from what you all have posted. Tugger50 and ffk_pennywise, sounds as if you two got an awesome deal on a great firearm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tugger50 and ffk_pennywise, sounds as if you two got an awesome deal on a great firearm.
I'm VERY happy with the purchase! Great price on a great gun. This is my first handgun so I have nothing to compare against to be honest, but nothing about it bothers me either.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm VERY happy with the purchase! Great price on a great gun. This is my first handgun so I have nothing to compare against to be honest, but nothing about it bothers me either.
Definitely a nice gun. I have shot many different types and I just really like the feel of the XD and the accuracy. I didn't really like the looks of them to start with and probably would never have considered getting one till I shot some that my friend had, he liked them so good he bought all three sizes in .40 cal. I shot all three of those and one other sub compact and all were impressively accurate compared to other auto's I've shot. Maybe it's just it fits me well as to why it seems to be so accurate?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts