1,466 Posts
Blackhawk 357
SP101 22lr
LCR 38+p

Reactions: ifithitu

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
There is a lot to be said for a utility revolver like my Ruger Single Seven in .327 Federal Magnum on a ranch. I have dispatched a varmint every 6 weeks.

The last was a large raccoon harassing my Great Pyrenees (Jolo) and My Belgian Malinois mix pup (Kabi) at 5:10 AM in the morning. I let Bella the Boxer out to see what the fuss was about.

One shot one kill. The dogs were disappointed when I didn’t let them have carcass.

·
Registered
29,877 Posts
There is a lot to be said for a utility revolver like my Ruger Single Seven in .327 Federal Magnum on a ranch. I have dispatched a varmint every 6 weeks.

The last was a large raccoon harassing my Great Pyrenees (Jolo) and My Belgian Malinois mix pup (Kabi) at 5:10 AM in the morning. I let Bella the Boxer out to see what the fuss was about.

One shot one kill. The dogs were disappointed when I didn’t let them have carcass.
I was looking at one of those the other day...I like the birdshead grip, and it’s just a sweet little pistol.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
I never tried a birdshead yet or a bisley.
On my to do list for next gunshow.

My Rugers,
Redhawk 5.5" 44mag, made in 1984 really nice
GP100 5" Lipseys 357mag
Sp101 2.25" hammerless 357mag

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
I've never tried a birdshead yet or a bisley.
On my to do list for next gunshow.
Do it... you'll like it. In .22, fantastic. .32, .38, still great. .357? Now we're gettin' a little heavy... I've put some .357 through my Cimmaron (Uberti) Thunderer and there's a lot of grip adjusting between shots. 38 is more fun, especially w the 4 5/8" barrel.

As for Ruger wheelguns:
.357 Blackhawk
.44 Super Blackhawk
.454 Casull Super Redhawk
4" and 6" GP100s (.357)
.41 Redhawk
.44 Redhawk

I don't own ALL of them anymore. But I ain't sayin' which ones... I don't need a bunch of PMs from Ruger Fanbois (aka: people w great taste in revolvers) wanting to offer me CRAZY MONEY for my cool-azz guns. I'm...just...not... into... that...

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Only Ruger revolver I still own. Traded, or gave away, the others (2 single sizes, Blackhawk in .357 magnum and Super Blackhawk in .44 magnum.

Still have the 2&3/4" stainless Speed Six in .357 magnum. Used to carry it a lot many years ago.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts