Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've really been racking my brain lately on what to do with my P-07. Its a great gun and has been the most accurate pistol I own and have owned so far. I don't feel 100% cc'ing with it because of the DA/SA. To smooth up and get the overall trigger where I want it would be about $200 at CJW and then another $70 to get the OWB holster I'ld want. I'm not sure if I want to put that money into the gun. The ambi safety and slide lock are also bulky too. Could make a good carry gun for winter though.

Or I'm thinking of just selling it and coughing up the extra money for a G19 Gen 4. I've been eyeing up the FNS9 but the full size grip concerns me for concealment. Sounds like a great gun but there also isn't much of an after market yet.

These decisions can be tough!

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Keep it if you like it and get a used G19.

Anything can be concealed if you dress right and use good gear.

Amen! A Wilderness belt, good holster and a loose shirt will easily conceal carry even a full sized steel framed 1911 all day long. Ask me how I know. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got a Wilderness belt in yesterday with a Glaco M7X! The holster is tight but it might break in. The belt is really nice. I like the velcro vs my Ares Ranger belt. The Ares would be better for someone who carries more gear or heavier guns then the G26. The belt makes all the difference. If I stick with the P-07 JM Custom Kydex looks like they make a really nice OWB holster.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GT Jon that 19 looks really clean but if I was going to get a new gun soon it would only be if I sold the P-07. The wife says I made enough big purchases this year. I pushed my luck back in February when I bought the G26 without telling her. Don't want to push my luck a second time ;)

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
If you've got the G26 why not carry that? Seems like the best carry gun of the three you listed.

The P7 will not sell well, CZ must be making them at a very low cost because they keep dropping prices. I'd keep it rather than take a bath since you like it. And you can convert it to cocked and locked if all else fails.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I carry the 26 all the time but would like more options I guess. I could have sold it a couple of times over the past 4 months or so but was always hesitant about it. I figure if I'm not carrying and if I wanted a CZ for range shooting I would rather have a SP-01 or a 75B. The P-7 just sits in the safe. I would use it more in the colder months (which we have a lot of in the UP) if the DA was just a little lighter and smoother. I don't really feel comfortable with the P7 cocked and locked. When I practiced with it, to me the safety is kind of stiff and I fumble with it. Might get the de-cocker for it if I do all the CGW parts. I don't miss my XDM9 or my XD45c but I might miss this one.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why would you need to do a trigger job on that gun? It has a great trigger out of the box.
I know its a pretty good trigger and I like the SA. Its the DA I would like to change a little bit while shortening the reset also. If the DA pull was like like my wife's LCR I would be totally happy with it. I'm not saying the CGW could make it exactly like the LCR but it might, or maybe even better.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Want more options;
Buy a G33 or G32....:mrgreen:
Both make a great carry pistol...;)

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
GT Jon that 19 looks really clean but if I was going to get a new gun soon it would only be if I sold the P-07. The wife says I made enough big purchases this year. I pushed my luck back in February when I bought the G26 without telling her. Don't want to push my luck a second time ;)
This is why I give my wife a lot of notification in advance. The purchase is still going to happen, one way or another. It allows her to come to terms with it, though. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Want more options;
Buy a G33 or G32....:mrgreen:
Both make a great carry pistol...;)
I was actually considering a .357 Sig even though I don't know much about them. If I got a compact Glock it would be more for winter carry so I thought about getting a different caliber and something with a little more sting to it. For some reason I don't have much interest in a .40 even though I've never shot one. Could always do a G32 with a 9mm conversion barrel ;)

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is why I give my wife a lot of notification in advance. The purchase is still going to happen, one way or another. It allows her to come to terms with it, though. ;)
Yeah, I do the same thing. It doesn't matter if I sell the P7 or not, at some point I will be getting another gun. She knows this. Its when I start talking about it happening soon than later that her blood pressure goes up. I usually get my way :p

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
If they would have had the CGW accessories when I had my P07 I would not have sold it.

I have a 75 BD now, and yes the CGW extras were expensive, but I feel I have the pistol that I have been searching for. Now I will say that the trigger reset, even with the CGW short reset is still maybe a hair longer than I would like, but everything else about the pistol is perfect.

This is all personal preference though. If you like the Glock trigger and the Glock grip, it's a quality gun.

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
With the decocker set-up as it comes from the factory, I believe it is similar to my P-01 where when you decock, the hammer only drops to half-cock making the first pull DA as short as anything you'll find if not the shortest. If it is like the P-01, what it really needs is as many rounds as you can get fired through it and all the dry-firing you can manage. The triggers on CZ decocking pistols will definitely get better with wear.

Then you always have the other option, if you're comfortable with it, of converting the P-07 to manual safety and carrying cocked and locked. I'd hang on to it myself and if it becomes a "house" or "truck" gun that you don't actually carry, there are options, one being the longer threaded barrel that will allow you to use a suppressor if you have the need.

I agree with others that have said that since you have a G26, it would be the better carry option. My shooting partner carried one for years until he developed an addiction for SIG/Sauer pistols then moving on to Commander length 1911s like his excellent Dan Wesson CCO. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts