Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like your opinion on a situation. I placed an order (fully paid) for a Glock 19 Exo (third gen) two months ago. Lipsey's is supposed to be getting a batch back in, but it has been two months and still nothing. What would you do? Would you wait until they came in or just cancel the order and/or try to get something else? I have other pistols so not really in a rush.

Would you wait until they finally came into stock or just see about getting something else?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
It can go either way. You say you don't need it, so you may as well keep the order open until it arrives.
Then again, you could be waiting forever. Personally, I hate having money tied up in something that I have no idea when I will actually see it.

I would call them for an estimated delivery time. If they can't/won't give you a time or if it's several months, I would cancel and look elsewhere, maybe Bud's Gun Shop. Or just troll the forums for a good deal. I have an XD45c fully custom I've been needing to list for sale, your post has reminded me to get out the camera & the "for sale" threads.

That is what I'd do, most likely I would just cancel it. Just hate someone having my hard earned cash while the weeks roll on by. Just unsettling

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
That is what I'd do, most likely I would just cancel it. Just hate someone having my hard earned cash while the weeks roll on by. Just unsettling
+1 Your the customer, give yourself a deadline, and if they can't make. CANCEL! And Oh...Thank you for reminding me NOT to order anything from them.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Well I am not a glock fan so I would buy something else.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Well I am not a glock fan so I would buy something else.
That was helpful..:roll:
Yeah, why would you want a pistol with a better stock trigger than any XD or XDm pistol...:confused:
I'd advise you to sell your XD/XDm pistols and buy something else.

That was just as helpful as your pathetic post.:oops:

cz75luver, ask for a deadline.
If they don't make it, ask for a full refund.
There are sellers that have them in stock.
PM me if you need one...;)
You will not regret buying the G19.
The EXO is just an added bonus..:cool:

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
cz75luver,
After looking at Lipsey's website, they are charging you too much for the gun.

Did the site say $680 for an EXO G19?
That is outrageous.
I didn't pay that much and I bought mine at an LGS.

Cancel the order, I think you can find one cheaper....1LL

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cz75luver,
After looking at Lipsey's website, they are charging you too much for the gun.

Did the site say $680 for an EXO G19?
That is outrageous.
I didn't pay that much and I bought mine at an LGS.

Cancel the order, I think you can find one cheaper....1LL
No, I only paid $585+tax which seemed like a good deal. It's now over two months, though, so I'm ready to move on.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll call the dealer today and see what can be done. The decision to wait or not would come down to whether I can get cash back or would I need to put the money towards something else. If towards something else, would it have to be through Lipsey's. They have a very limited set of products.

Thanks for all the feedback.

·
Banned
1,155 Posts
I'd like your opinion on a situation. I placed an order (fully paid) for a Glock 19 Exo (third gen) two months ago. Lipsey's is supposed to be getting a batch back in, but it has been two months and still nothing. What would you do? Would you wait until they came in or just cancel the order and/or try to get something else? I have other pistols so not really in a rush.

Would you wait until they finally came into stock or just see about getting something else?

Man I really envy you! Not your situation but the fact you ordered the exact gun I want!

If I were you I would definitely cancel that order ASAP! If you don't mindme asking, what are you paying for it at that place?

**Edit** Nevermind, I posted without reading the entire thread. Not sure what "EXO" is.

Look at this; The SECOND one down on PAGE 3

http://www.kylesgunshop.com/store.php?seller=KylesGunshop&Tsearch=glock 19&pd=2874696#images

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I called the dealer and was told he had called Lipsey's the day before. He was told that they didn't know when they'd get them in. What's more, he asked how the process worked; did they purchase the Glocks and send them to FailZero to have the Exo finished applied or did FailZero purchase the firearms and then sell them to Lipsey's? The person didn't know and as mentioned, didn't know when they'd get them in. I'm getting a refund or applying to something else.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Well at least you got an answer. Fail Zero is amazing stuff, but you can find another one easily, probably save you a few bucks too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.