Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I havent seen this incident on the forum. What would you do if you were stuck at the back of the store and something like this, or worse happened? Ive applied for my CHL here in Texas, but it is taking a long time to get here. I guess I could pull my knife, or look for something blunt on the shelves... but I'm not sure how I would handle this.

Dallas store clerk attacked by group of young people | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

This type of thing seems to be happening more and more.

If this has been posted before and discussed, I apologize.

·
Registered
246 Posts
That's a scary situation and self preservation might be the only option. There were a ton of people including innocent bystanders at a very close range. Drawing your weapon would be a bad idea unless you were attacked or it was to back out of the store for escape. Discharging would be absolutely a last resort as attackers could be confused with close by bystanders. My .02

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've seen this crap on tv before. Punks mob a store and just grab what they want and run off. If it were any number up to 5 then I'd possibly think about intervention. After that It's not worth my behind for stepping in to save someone's crap that i don't need anyhow. Odds are i'd get in trouble for stepping in anyway. Even if you do pull a weapon on them who knows how many of them may/may not be carrying and even if none of them do I would rather not become the center of their attention. But the clerk was kind of dumb for getting in the way and if I were outside I'd likely step in to keep him from getting killed but I'd like to be no further than a few steps away from the car. It's that whole self preservation instinct that kicks in.
$.02

·
Registered
19,987 Posts
those subhuman scum wont be satisfied until every gas station in the country is nothing but bullet proof glass and and a couple of worthless items on the shelves.

If you are attacking someone on the ground, you deserve whatever you get. I might have broken some skulls if I was outside. If I was inside, I am not sure what I would have done aside from having some words and taking some pictures.

that lack of face level cameras is a huge weakness in every security system I've ever seen.

·
Registered
456 Posts
^^ what he said

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
those subhuman scum wont be satisfied until every gas station in the country is nothing but bullet proof glass and and a couple of worthless items on the shelves.

If you are attacking someone on the ground, you deserve whatever you get. I might have broken some skulls if I was outside. If I was inside, I am not sure what I would have done aside from having some words and taking some pictures.

that lack of face level cameras is a huge weakness in every security system I've ever seen.

what its going to come down to is a large plate of bulletproof and a menu that you order from. the clerk will have to fetch it up for you and put it through a security slot after you pay.

no one will be allowed inside anywhere anymore. I have seen more than a few places like that already. mostly gas stations and pizza shops.

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Why am I not surprised to see all black youth in the picture?

·
Registered
133 Posts
what its going to come down to is a large plate of bulletproof and a menu that you order from. the clerk will have to fetch it up for you and put it through a security slot after you pay.

no one will be allowed inside anywhere anymore. I have seen more than a few places like that already. mostly gas stations and pizza shops.
Lots of cities have this. Mostly at night and usually liquor stores.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Take up a defendable position. Perferably one where I have my back covered and I can keep my loved ones safe behind me. If they foolishly decide come after me in my position it will force them into my go home zone.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Based on the story presented,
Observe, and be ready to stop aggression with extreme violence, if needed.

And IMO,
That's exactly what the clerk should have done ... The guys lucky he's not dead.

Trying to close the door ... Freak'n Darwin in progress.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
i think a big ass jar of bear mase would have done the trick in that situation. i think im going to start carrying bear pepper spray on my left...gun on my right...

can you buy less lethal shotgun rounds anywhere? im thinking about throwin it in my truck now just because this crap is getting too common

·
Registered
412 Posts
I would leave out the back door as I am calling 911.

Clerk was an idiot.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts

But that would cost the station owner more especially the glass. It's not their responsibility to provide security in the same it's not the responsibility of the police to protect any one person. I hate to say it, but it's just cheaper for the station owner to just hire someone else at minimum wage.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Based on the story presented,
Observe, and be ready to stop aggression with extreme violence, if needed.

And IMO,
That's exactly what the clerk should have done ... The guys lucky he's not dead.

Trying to close the door ... Freak'n Darwin in progress.
My sentiments exactly! The guy was a complete freakin' retard for even trying to close the doors. And for what? Will he now be promoted to manager? Was it his stuff that was getting stolen? Was his life worth the possible few hundreds dollars lost? Really?.?

He's lucky/blessed if he didn't suffer any permanent physical damage. It was an ultimately stupid move in his part.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts