Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently won 2 hand guns at a local gun bash. I am going to trade them both in for 1 really nice gun and I am torn between the .40 XD sub compact, and the other springfield models. What would you get. My wife is also going to be shooting this so I want to make sure I get something that is not going to be too much for her.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
What did you win? You would probally do better selling the guns you won out right gun shop like to rip poeple off. :evil:
I f you plan on you wife shooting with you and plan to carry I would reccomend the service.If you plan just to shoot and compete I would buy the tac.
Reasoning behind that the bigger the gun the less recoil easier to manage and shoot :D

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
One post so far I see, welcome aboard. You won 2 guns and want to trade them on 1 REALLY NICE ONE? I think the XD is a nice gun but what did you win that you can trade 2 for 1 and still only end up with a $400.00 gun????

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Personally, I'd get the 4" XD-9 service model. I already have the XD-9 subbie.

As for your wife, I don't think the .40 would be too much for her. May I suggest taking her to a range that rents guns and let her try a variety of XD's? She might surprise you w/ her choice.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I like 40s, but if it's something that your wife will be using most of the time I would go with either the service or the tactical in 9mm, or she might not mind the 40S&W. I just know my wife dosn't seem to like guns with smaller grips, and it is easier to shoot when you can get all your fingers around the grip, but I guess you could always use the full size mags with the sleves in a sub compact then it would be easier to conceal if you ever wanted to carry it.

I guess that didn't help much. Sorry.

·
Registered
197 Posts
:) There was just as much muzzle-flip shooting my XD9sc as there was from my XD40 service.

If you're ever going to CCW you'd better stay away from the 5" Tac,...
it's not impossible to conceal, but it's quite hard for me to hide on my person (5' 81/2"). :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts