Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I can only have one?

I guess I'd pick my mossberg 12 gauge pump, since you mentioned hunting and protection together. I could kill a deer, bird, for food with it and it would be very good for protection. I can't kill a quail with my .357 or a .308 and still eat it.

I'd prefer to have all my guns and a truckload of ammunition for each.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Well, if it's the end of the world, why do I need a gun? I guess I'll be dead, just like everyone else.

Now, if you mean a gun to shoot out the speakers when somebody plays that stupid song by REM, I'd say some sort of shotgun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can only have one?

I guess I'd pick my mossberg 12 gauge pump, since you mentioned hunting and protection together. I could kill a deer, bird, for food with it and it would be very good for protection. I can't kill a quail with my .357 or a .308 and still eat it.

I'd prefer to have all my guns and a truckload of ammunition for each.

Agreed; had this conversation just the other day. And without a doubt a 12 guage.. it can do it all....

·
Registered
211 Posts
We'd want something that's not likely to break, that will function in adverse conditions without much lubrication, and with good versitility. Well, I'd rather have a high-powered scoped bolt action rifle for sniping / big-game hunting, a .357 4" revolver for backup, and a good pump 12ga shotgun for defense and for small game, plus a 22lr rifle for more quiet hunting.

But, if limited to just one, would have to be a 12ga pump with a ~22inch barrel, buckshot, birdshot, and rifled slugs. Don't forget that big knife and a multitool !

Alchemist77

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
I would use my 12 gauge Mossberg 500A.

Pretty much every farmhouse you break into with the moldy corpses still sitting at the breakfast table or laying in bed with their brains eaten out will have 12 gauge ammo in a drawer someplace.

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
I guess the AK.

It would be difficult to leave the managable XD45 behind though.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Sort of a toss up. EIther my Vector AK or my DSA FAL. I'd probably go with the FAL right now but in an hour I'd argue for the AK. You can kill just about anything in North America with a 308. As an end of the world as we know it type rifle an AK with a eotech and a 3x magnifier or a FAL with a 1 -5 power scope, both with an HVT can would be pretty hard to beat.

D

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I'd go with my AK. Yes, a 12 ga. is more effective at close ranges... but I hope that I could not let them within 100 yards.

... plus 7.62 will take down whitetail, hog, or in a real SHTF situation, dog.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Remington 870 pump, with 3" chamber.
Can shoot all different kinds of lead and steel and alloy shot, in various sizes, flares, slugs, sabots, rock salt, small nails and screws.......very versatile.
Easy fatal hits with a slug at 100 yds on a man size target. Will take down any and all game in N. America. You can buy two for $500 used, and have all the spare parts you need. It will also double as a paddle( no bs, I've done it).

If I could only have one, that would be it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
240B MG and lots of ammo(7.62x51nato). Who needs to kill birds at the end of the world when you can eat whatever the **** you want? Ill just kill all those dudes over there with their 12g shotties and take their birds if i really feel like it.
why a 240? because a BMG is too heavy to throw over your shoulder. You can take down anything up to (not including) a frickin tank with a 240 and the right ammo, its got a rail for optics and they are widely used by many UN and Nato militaries. Not to mention the US has about a bagillion of them for parts and replacement.

(240 is kinda like an M60 for those who dont know)

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
240B MG and lots of ammo. Who needs to kill bird at the end of the world when you can eat whatever the **** you want? Ill just kill all those dudes over there with their 12g shotties and take their birds if i really feel like it.
why a 240? because a BMG is too heavy.

(240 is kinda like an M60 for those who dont know)
I didn't realize that killing and stealing from other innocents was part of the equation when I made my post.

Leave my quail alone.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.