Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately my carry been my S&W 469 in the last holster I had Lou Alessi build for me. It was meant for my Sig 225 but sadly, the Sig and Lou are both no longer around. Fortunately is also fits my Star UltraStar and the S&W 469. Here's the holster (note the puppy chews) with my UltraStar and also the 469 and UltraStar for comparison. Ammo lately has been Inceptor ARX. Weight unloaded is right at 26 ounces for the Smith and 24 ounces for the Star but 15 + 1 with the former vs 9 + 1 for the later.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

Note that the S&W safety is swipe forward for fire while the Star is a swipe down even though both are slide mounted safeties. They are both conventional DA/SA so normally carried in the holster as shown in the upper photo. I use the safeties as decocking and before holstering but switch to fire mode once fully holstered.

Also note the Star slide rides inside the frame while the S&W rides on the frame. That makes a significant difference and the Star has a much lower bore axis and IMHO a far more manageable recoil and return to POA.

Reactions: windsearcher

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But without pictures ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts