Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For example, I want to get a PRP trigger job, but was wondering how that effects the warranty from Springfield Armory ??

And what other things would void the warranty if any, other than the trigger job ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
For example, I want to get a PRP trigger job, but was wondering how that effects the warranty from Springfield Armory ??

And what other things would void the warranty if any, other than the trigger job ?
I think the most popular trigger jobs seem to be from people that have a drop-in kit (with some tweaking). You have your factory original parts returned with the gun, so you can put them back into the gun prior to returning it for service (if needed). As far as other limitations to the warranty, I think only SA could answer such a question. Some may be able to express their opinion, but only SA can actually tell you if an action would void the manufacturer warranty.

·
Registered
291 Posts
thanks.. . . I'll call them I suppose..

If you get an answer from SA, please post back. I have been wondering this too as I am going to be sending mine in for a trigger job/night sights and need to decide between springer, or SA's custom shop.

This is a deciding factor for me too.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Most companies, and more so with caring company like SA, play pretty fair.

It's not a all or nothing rule. So normally to deny a warranty claim the part that you replaced would have to be directly suspect in the new fault. So getting a trigger job is not going to effect warranty on, for instance, a cracked frame. A solid guide rod is not going to effect the warranty on on your mag release system. Etc.

And handgun manufacturers know that people tweak their guns to their own preference.

/tg

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
An aftermarket trigger, will only effect the trigger in relation to warranty issues. If your finish has problems or barrel etc, they would cover it. Just not a trigger related issue.
Have the trigger work done by somebody that will warranty their work and you will be good to go.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
If you want trigger work done and don't want to worry about the warranty send it back to SA and let them cover everything.

·
Registered
291 Posts
If you want trigger work done and don't want to worry about the warranty send it back to SA and let them cover everything.

The question is, do they do as good a job as some of the site sponsors.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
I haven't tried an XD with a trigger done by any of the site's sponsors, but I have tried an XD with a trigger done by Springfield. It was a really nice trigger. I wouldn't spend even a nanosecond worrying about warranty work, if all I was having done was a trigger job. This ain't rocket science. Exactly what do you think might require warranty work, anywho?? :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts