·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a gun case for my AR15. Have scope and need room for my magazines

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have several, but the most useful is the Voo Doo Tactical. I bought mine from the NRA store. Holds everything you will need and has back straps to carry it like a back pack.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Midway USA soft case. Enough room to hold two rifles if I need it, 6 magazines on the exterior of the case, and a large zippered pocket that holds a field kit, targets, tools with room for more.

I got it because I got a Midway range bag and was impressed with the quality. This bag is nice and should probably cost more...I got a 43" case.

Pro Series Tactical Rifle Gun Case

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have both the Voodoo Tactical and Midway soft cases. I got the Midway first and always had problems zipping the bag back up after it was completely open; great bag, just hated the zippers. The Voodoo bag is now my carry case of choice. I have 6 30s and 4 20s, all Pmags, in the outside pockets right now and can fit more if i had them.

·
Registered
29,893 Posts
Eagle, Blackhawk, Voodoo...and several others.

To be dead honest, the Midway cases are pretty darn good for what you pay.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have a Pelican 1750 for my AR 10. My buddy uses a Pelican 1720 for his AR 15. They are pricey but hey so are our firearms. If your interested in a Pelican case Google NalPak Group. They have the best prices I could find on pelican brand cases. They are local to me so I did in store pick up and saved $35 in shipping.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Voodoo 42" 2 rifle bag. Got it on a great sale from LA Police Gear for $79 IIRC.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
My AR came with a case but I think I'm going to canvas the local pawn and thrift shops looking for a soft guitar case. I'd like to be more discreet.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Midway USA soft case. Enough room to hold two rifles if I need it, 6 magazines on the exterior of the case, and a large zippered pocket that holds a field kit, targets, tools with room for more.

I got it because I got a Midway range bag and was impressed with the quality. This bag is nice and should probably cost more...I got a 43" case.

This is what I have for taking trips to the range or local shooting areas.

I have a Pelican 1750 for my AR 10. My buddy uses a Pelican 1720 for his AR 15. They are pricey but hey so are our firearms. If your interested in a Pelican case Google NalPak Group. They have the best prices I could find on pelican brand cases. They are local to me so I did in store pick up and saved $35 in shipping.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.
If I ever air-travel, I'll be getting one of these.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
For my range guns, I use doskocil hard cases.

I have a double scoped rifle case that I use more than any of them.

and a few single rifle cases that will also hold shotguns or rifles.

I have a multi-pistol doskocil case that sits atop my nightstand beside my head.

I also have a few various brand soft cases but I don't like using them as much.

1 is camo soft case that a buddy of mine bought me for Christmas at work several years ago and another actually was a crossbow case that holds my MP5KPDW and silencer most of the time.

My most unique gun case is made from Aluminum diamond plate multi pistol case that I bought from Cheaper Than Dirt probably 6 years ago to hold/transport my NFA guns. They sold out pretty quickly. I can't remember ever seeing them again after that. It looks more like a laptop case to me than anything, but I care less about being "discreet".

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Voodoo 42" 2 rifle bag. Got it on a great sale from LA Police Gear for $79 IIRC.
+1!
Voodoo Tactical bags are just great value for the money. Built very well, room to hold 2 rifles (or just 1), lots of pockets for accessories so you can keep it all together. It comes with a shoulder strap but also comes with backpack straps so you can keep your hands free while going to the range, etc...has come in very handy and have had a lot of guys ask about it at the range since they usually have to make several trips. Here's some pics for your review:

·
Registered
780 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have a Boyt's Harness Co. Discreet Carry Bag, very well made in the USA. I can verify the discreet part works, my nosey neighbor thinks it's a tent bag. I find it odd he hasn't put it together yet that I leave carrying a "tent", but never stay gone overnight; dumb ass.

·
Registered
793 Posts

I have the same bag. I like it a lot, it allows you to really secure the rifle to keep it from sliding around in the bag. The zippers are a bit stiff at the bottom corners, but just take an extra second a be careful going around them and you are fine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a voo doo tactical soft case for around town and for air travel I bought a "do all" break down shotgun case. Very heavy duty with butterfly latches and a piano hinge. With wheels so you can pull it through the airport instead of carrying it. Small enough so no oversize charges apply. Take a look here (I googled it) to see it as I couldn't conveniently post pictures myself. Bought it at Cabella's so I could pickup and save on shipping....and it was $20 less then this place but Cabellas has discontinued it. Gander Mountain® > Do-All Outdoors Wing and Clay Flight Proof Gun Case - Firearms > Gun Storage & Safes > Hard Cases : Bad Cabellas bad bad bad.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts