Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys (and gals)

I have a new xd9. Haven't been to the range yet, but will soon. My question is this:

what are some good ammo brands to use vs ammo brands to steer clear from?

Is the xd a picky eater? will anything work? should i stay away from certain casings? certain brands?

thanks!

PAUL

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I hate to be the asshat to say it, but you'll find that the search function works quite well on this site. You'll also find that this question is asked about once every other week or so. Furthermore, you'll find that the most common answer is that the XD9 will shoot darn near anything.

Buy cheap ammo and shoot a lot.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Your XD should chew up any ammo you chose to buy, IMO the more differant ammo you put through it the better. Find the brands you like. Enjoy the testing:D.

Welcome!

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
Buy ammo, find out for yourself.

Seriously--it's like going to a car forum and asking if you should use BP or Shell fuel in your vehicle.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Good way to join a forum. Start threads instead of actually looking.

Let me google that for you

Seriously Welcome to the forum though. Once you learn your way around there are some good people here. And have fun with the new gun!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
TulAmmo 115fmj = $9.47 per 50 rounds locally here
Federal 115fmj = $10.47 per 50 here

I just stick with Federal...I have always been pleased with Federal

·
Registered
616 Posts
I've used pretty much every 9mm ammo you can buy, and my XD hasn't had a problem with any of them. WWB, Federal, Speer, PMC, the list goes on...

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Only thing I would steer clear of is reloaded ammo done by "a friend", "a friend's friend", "this guy I met".

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Any ammo at all.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hey Guys (and gals)

I have a new xd9. Haven't been to the range yet, but will soon. My question is this:

what are some good ammo brands to use vs ammo brands to steer clear from?

Is the xd a picky eater? will anything work? should i stay away from certain casings? certain brands?

thanks!

PAUL
Welcome to XDTalk Paul.

I have an XD9 Service... all I can say it'll just take anything that you'll feed into it.

For cheap factory ammo... I have been consistently using PMC Bronze, Sellier & Bellot and Magtech... all in 115 grain. You can get them online for $10/ box at cheaperthandirt.com. Check with your city/county/state laws if you can order ammo online.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Pretty much anything but other peoples reloads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts