Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any special solvent, spray or wipe-on, for initial cleaning of the interior of slide, receiver, etc ? Not sure what I will find when I first field-strip the gun. Is there an initial cleaning process outlined in the Forums ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I did initially clean my XD(M) with isopropal alcohol and then after all petroleum products were gone.... FROGLUBE!!!

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Breakfree CLP ;)

·
Registered
620 Posts
I would just run an patch with some oil on it through the barrel. You mainly just want to make sure there isn't any debris or other foreign object in the barrel. Unless you end up buying a mil-surp rifle that has been covered in cosmoline for the last 50+ years, you likely won't have to do much of anything to new firearms.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Been using Hoppes 9 and Butch's Born Shine for years without any issues, seems like ther is always something new coming out but I try to keep it simple

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just to point out I only have to use one product. FrogLube. It does it all. Check out some of the videos out there. Do some searching on your own.. I'm now a believer and hope more folks give it a chance.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Add me to the list of FROGLUBE supporters. It is by far the BEST product out there. Trust I have no affiliation and am sharing this with my fellow XD brothers and sisters so you can truly keep your firearms maintained at their highest potential.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did initially clean my XD(M) with isopropal alcohol and then after all petroleum products were gone.... FROGLUBE!!!
This is what I plan to do, I pick up my XD 40 S/C tomorrow...anything special for barrel break in.... I use Frog Lube on all my weapons so far it is working great.....also cleans much easier after initial application....:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
This is what I plan to do, I pick up my XD 40 S/C tomorrow...anything special for barrel break in.... I use Frog Lube on all my weapons so far it is working great.....also cleans much easier after initial application....:)
200 - 400 rounds for barrel break in seems to be what i've seen listed. I really felt with mine that around that 250 - 300 round range it really all came together. Also could have been just me getting used to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just picked up my XDm .45. I did the initial cleaning with a break clean, then oiled with EEZOX. I took it to the range, fired 150 rounds thru it. Running a bore snake every 3rd to 4th mag. Brought home and cleaned with Hoppes #9 in the bore and the EEZOX for the oil.

I have purchased Frog Lube. Going to test it out on one of my lesser pistols and see how it stands up. I have already stripped it down using mineral spirits and compressed air. Once I lube the pistol I will and bring it to the range I'll report back.

I'm hoping it works as well as advertised, if not it goes on the shelf with the "miracle" products.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts