Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was thinking last night about trying out a few different semi autos to see what else I like other than the XD. I love the 1911 and the XD. I've shot a few glocks, but wasn't overly impressed. Same with Sig. Any suggestions on what to try next? A cz in 9mm, mp9, and hi power are all on my list. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
The best 9mms pistols out there:

FN Hi-Power

CZ-75 (preferably a full size, all steel, 9mm, pre-B model)

SIG P226 or P228 (early W. German made versions)

Beretta 92 FS

Glock 17

Pick one of these and you cannot go wrong. All are proven designs that have been around for a long time. Many were/are issued to several military and police units and special operations units and earned their pedigree.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
624 Posts
I am not sure of the Sigs you tried but the SigPro has a very good out of the box trigger & is a soft shooter both in 9 and 40.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Yep, the Sig Pro 2022 is a really nice shooter.

For 400 bucks, its hard to find a nicer shooting 9mm.

You can often find police trade in 92 Berettas and Glock 17s and sometimes P226 or P228s. Many are well under 400 bucks and the last batch of Swiss Police trade in P228s I saw, went for 425 apiece.

There are also some lightly used pre-B series CZ-75 police trades on Guns America that sell in the 300 dollar range. A steal for an old school quality 9mm like the CZ-75.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
17,759 Posts
The best 9mms pistols out there:

FN Hi-Power

CZ-75 (preferably a full size, all steel, 9mm, pre-B model)

SIG P226 or P228 (early W. German made versions)

Beretta 92 FS

Glock 17

Pick one of these and you cannot go wrong. All are proven designs that have been around for a long time. Many were/are issued to several military and police units and special operations units and earned their pedigree.

- brickboy240
XD before the Glock

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've shot a m9 before and was not too fond if it. I have also shot a 2022 before. Wasn't too bad, but there was just something about it that didn't strike me as I gotta have this gun.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Pick up and handle a Hi-Power or CZ-75...then get back with us.

Seriously....those are the best feeling 9mms you will ever put in your hands.

I have loved my HP for over 10 years. Sold my old CZ-75, but am currently looking for a replacement. Won't sell the next one! LOL

- brickboy240

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Pick up and handle a Hi-Power or CZ-75...then get back with us.

Seriously....those are the best feeling 9mms you will ever put in your hands.

I have loved my HP for over 10 years. Sold my old CZ-75, but am currently looking for a replacement. Won't sell the next one! LOL

- brickboy240
I could not agree more. The CZ75 B is one very nice pistol, and if you like 1911's you'll love the CZ. I only have about 250 rounds through mine, but it has never failed to operate as it should. The more I shoot it the more impressed I am with it. If you didn't know how much they cost and you shot it you'd be very suprised to hear that it's only in the $500 price range.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No one really mentioned Smith & Wesson M&P9. I've shot a few different M&P models, but haven't been overly impressed. Just curious what you guys think since they seem to be very prolific. I see police trades on them all the time at the local dealers as most local LE around here seems to carry them.

I have a Beretta 92 FS myself and I do like it quite a bit. Just purchased my XDM-9 5.25 Competition series and it definitely has an edge over the 92 which is why I was interested. One thing I do like about the Beretta is the slimmer line. XDs and Glocks (and many others) have that modern "square" frame, so the silloutte of the weapon on the target is, at least for me, a bit wider/blockier. The Beretta has slimmer, more rounded frame, so it's a bit smaller and sleeker against the target. Just a different feel going from one to the other when I have them both at the range.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hand Cannons! - 454 Casuall, 500 S&W. i don't have any but the ones I have shot have been impressive. They are on my short list.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts