Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say you are out in public and for whatever reason your gun prints enough or shirt lifts up enough that someone notices. Do you just say I have a permit to carry or I am exercising my 2nd amendment right to secure myself....???

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just like when talking to the police: stay calm and say nothing, thats what i would do and if it gets to be a scene calmly but quickly leave so theres no "inciting panic" or what ever that BS charge is.

·
Registered
121 Posts
So far I haven't been in a position to have to say anything, but my wife has twice. Both times were in line at the store once by our daughter when she hugged Mommy and said "I'm sorry Mommy , I didn't mean to touch your gun". A simple "it's okay, I have a permit" narrowed the wide eyes in line behind her. The next time her shirt rode up and a kid in line behind her said "look mom, that lady has a gun". The wife turned around to find a line of people including an LEO starring at her. She pulled her shirt back down and went about her business with no further issue.

·
Registered
463 Posts
If they are looking at you just say hi how are you doing, and go about what you are doing.
^^^That is what I do. I know that I am carrying legally so I don't feel the need to explain myself to anyone:D

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Hell I thought everyone carried lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think that folks realizing you have a piece might remove their temptation to chat you up. ;-)

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.