Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have not been on here in a little while. I have had my XD9 SC for about a year and half and I love it. Early this year got my wife a little S&W .38 Spl to have in the house when I am gone. (Also have my CWP here in VA)

So was wondering what to get next? Another XD 9 or .40 or a .45?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have a XDM40... I love it. It is just a little too big to carry every day. SO I am looking at the XDM93.8 for my next purchase.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would get another 9mm. Ammo is cheaper, and could be used for both guns. I dont know about you, but i have ammo all over the place, 762, 556, 9mm, 45.
I also am getting sic of keeping my XD mags separate. Got 45 mags, and 9mm mags...You get the picture.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't know if I want to get something more for home defense or another gun to carry.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would get another 9mm. Ammo is cheaper, and could be used for both guns. I dont know about you, but i have ammo all over the place, 762, 556, 9mm, 45.
I also am getting sic of keeping my XD mags separate. Got 45 mags, and 9mm mags...You get the picture.
Good point dude. Might look into getting a bigger 9.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Have not been on here in a little while. I have had my XD9 SC for about a year and half and I love it. Early this year got my wife a little S&W .38 Spl to have in the house when I am gone. (Also have my CWP here in VA)

So was wondering what to get next? Another XD 9 or .40 or a .45?
Is there a purpose, or will this be a, because I can, purchase ?
Don't know if I want to get something more for home defense or another gun to carry.
Ya gotta decide that first ... But IMO, what you have is fine for either purpose.

Perhaps Shotty, if you're thinking HD ... Just a thought.

·
Registered
29,595 Posts
How does the wife shoot the itty bitty .38? Does she like it?

For a better HD weapon, though...get a long gun. Shotgun or AR.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How does the wife shoot the itty bitty .38? Does she like it?

For a better HD weapon, though...get a long gun. Shotgun or AR.
She has not had a chance to shoot the .38 yet.

I was thinking of getting an S&W AR-15 .22 but not sure if I want such a gun that will just sit around till I take it to the range.

Just not sure what I want..I am all over the place LOL

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
LOL :)

Because I want another gun.
That always works for me :D

But seriously,
There's nothing wrong with the 9SC as a carry weapon, so what are you really looking for ... HD perhaps !!

·
Banned
38,922 Posts

I was thinking of getting an S&W AR-15 .22 but not sure if I want such a gun that will just sit around till I take it to the range.

I think we have something in common.

·
Registered
29,595 Posts

Yeah.

Get her to the range, get her to shoot it...and then trade it in for something she'll like, and shoot well if she needs to use it.

I really don't get why guys think a snubnose .38 is a good choice for their significant others. Short sight radius makes them hard to aim, and hard to get hits, light wieght means the recoil can be unpleasant, small grips just magnify those issues...and usually they also have a less-than-stellar trigger.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yeah.

Get her to the range, get her to shoot it...and then trade it in for something she'll like, and shoot well if she needs to use it.

I really don't get why guys think a snubnose .38 is a good choice for their significant others. Short sight radius makes them hard to aim, and hard to get hits, light wieght means the recoil can be unpleasant, small grips just magnify those issues...and usually they also have a less-than-stellar trigger.
just wanted to chime in on this. my ex was 5'2 105 lbs and preferred her cheap .38 snub over a few other guns we tried. a revolver is simply easier to operate for someone who has problems pulling a slide back and just overall less moving parts to worry about. a metal frame means recoil is very manageable compared to something like an lcr or pocket .380 like the lcp. a longer barrel might be more beneficial for aim but the snub is easier to carry.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah.

If you got the .38 for her earlier this yr and she hasn't been to the range yet - maybe she just doesn't want to shoot ANY gun ?

Establish that first .

Then ditto on getting something that she will feel comfortable shooting if she really wants to .

My 18 yo daughter will shoot her Sig 9mm , my 1911 .45 , but REFUSES to shoot my .38 642 . Too snappy for her .

Rent some diff guns at a range maybe .....................

And Cuda thanks for reminding me to send my 642 for a trigger job . It does kinda suck !

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah.

I got her that cause she shoot her friend's .38 Spl and had no problem w/ it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you got the .38 for her earlier this yr and she hasn't been to the range yet - maybe she just doesn't want to shoot ANY gun ?

Establish that first .
We have not been to the range yet because we just don't have the time to get over together. We have an 11 month old son is a hand full HAHHAHAHA

She does bring up on her own that she want to go to the range and shoot her gun. :)

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
We have not been to the range yet because we just don't have the time to get over together. We have an 11 month old son is a hand full HAHHAHAHA

She does bring up on her own that she want to go to the range and shoot her gun. :)
Make time ... She might someday be the savior of both you and your son.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Ruger 10/22. Everyone should have at least one. Accessories are endless or leave it from the factory and have a perfectly classic little rifle. They're not expensive and ammo is cheap so you can shoot a lot and get comfortable with it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts