Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am going today to look at and most likely get a XD9 Tactical. I currently own a G23 and have been wanting a 9mm for some time - recent events have prompted me to go ahead and make that move (BHO). What kind of groups can I expect the XD to produce (I know it's in the shooter, but I also know some guns are more accurate than others).

If I end up liking the XD, I may even replace the G23 with a XD of some other style.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Expect to love it! I'm a (now) recovering Glockaholic. Saturday I traded my G32C for an XD9 Service and I couldn't be happier. I got to shoot it yesterday and the trigger is so much nicer than the Glock, not to mention that it just feels better for me. I've already got a deal made to sell my G26 and my G17 so I can get an XD9sc plus lots of mags, holsters, etc; and right now I'm trying to work a trade to trade my G35 for an XD9 Tactical.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I stopped by the gun shop today (Buds) and found out that the only XD offered with thumb safety is the 45 service - called SA to confirm this. Also found out that their prices were higher than over the phone. They had XD9 Tactical for $528 and Service for $513, both was + tax. Called my old local gun shop and he gave me $510 OTD and $470 OTD on same guns. Guess I know where I'll be buying. ;)

Now, just gotta decide between the Tactical or Service, both of which have the same accuracy from reports I have read. Hmm... :confused:

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Well, I stopped by the gun shop today (Buds) and found out that the only XD offered with thumb safety is the 45 service - called SA to confirm this. Also found out that their prices were higher than over the phone. They had XD9 Tactical for $528 and Service for $513, both was + tax. Called my old local gun shop and he gave me $510 OTD and $470 OTD on same guns. Guess I know where I'll be buying. ;)

Now, just gotta decide between the Tactical or Service, both of which have the same accuracy from reports I have read. Hmm... :confused:

#9, I have both. The tactical has trijicon sights, factory installed match grade barrel, 3.5 lb competition trigger and the heavy guide rod. It is my bedside gun and my ego gun. I shoot it in all of the competitions that I can get to and I feel very comfortable with it on the bed stand.
The service model is my carry gun of choice. I have installed the Powder River Precision mod in it and can shoot it almost as accurately. There is about $500 difference in the two guns and they are both great for what they do.
Decide what your ultimate goal is for the weapon and don't go cheap, you'll regret your decision later and ultimately pay more.
Good luck, EW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts