Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I received my Comp-Tac MTAC alittle over a week ago and have been trying to figure out what to do with that XDM Gear holster as it's for a right handed shooter.

Here is the XDM Holster mounted and it works very well locking it into place and being within very close reach while driving

And here is the MTAC and all I can say is it's the best holster I have ever carried with even Crossbreed's as I tried the Supertuck and Qwikclip and this holster beats them both for comfort, conceal and reholstering at least for me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
How did you mount it? Ive thought about something like this but for my bed or nightstand. Just dont know how to get it to stay with the weight aof the gun loaded.

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
Looks great!

As soon as Ohio modifies its vehicle-carry law, that's what I'm planning to do with one of my XDm factory paddles.

Currently, the downstairs safe sees my EDC XDm9 3.8 Compact in the XDm factory holster inside. I simply take the pistol out of my carry holster, and put it into the factory to protect the trigger when it's in the safe. Before I don the pistol to go out, I press-check and confirm that the slide is in-battery, and she's good-to-go.

The upstairs safe sees my full-sized XDm9, with Insight M6 attached, in a Safariland 5188 holster.

:)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where did you get the holster and how much?
Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

Was not the cheapest by any means but the quality is superb and has some things that others don't have like a leather backing that's sewn on to cover lock rivets and has tension screw's for setting how tight you want the draw, like I said I have had others like the Supertuck and did not care for it and this one only took about a week to get

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

Was not the cheapest by any means but the quality is superb and has some things that others don't have like a leather backing that's sewn on to cover lock rivets and has tension screw's for setting how tight you want the draw, like I said I have had others like the Supertuck and did not care for it...
I have no dogs in this fight - or rather, I guess I've got both dogs :lol: - so I'll just point out the other way of thinking, just to present both sides of the story. :)

There are those who also say that although the leather patches on the back of the MTAC cover its hardware, discomfort arrives from the fact that the hardware underneath the cover not being "flat" (versus "flat" hardware on the CBST.

As for retention adjustability, that's possible also on the CBST, just a bit more involved (it's necessary for the end-user to either return the holster to CrossBreed or, alternatively, heat and mold the Kydex to their own liking, for which CrossBreed does include instructions for).

For me, personally, the two holsters conceal a little differently, despite the fact that I've got them both set up to ride about the same, and to present my pistol at the same angle - so I simply pick which better suits the particular pants I wear. :) I thought the CBST's retention was pretty ideal for me, once I had my belt around it, and FWIW, I can *NOT* feel the hardware poking me with my MTAC.

....and this one only took about a week to get
Comp-Tac's gotten quite good on their production times. I think the current production time on holsters is something like two days, with their reinforced belts having a wait time of a week.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I don't have a Minotaur, and they do not make one for an XDm equipped with a CTC LaserGuard...or I would try one. I have to say my CBST is doing the job admirably.

I appreciate the thought about using your old holster that way. I will have to look into it. I am thinking of the conceal factor since my weapon, even in my vehicle, must be out of sight. Have to think that over.

RJ

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With it mounted down by the clutch pedal it's really not noticeable especially standing outside the drivers window, as far as Crossbreed is concerned I had both the Supertuck and Qwik clip and neither worked for me I will say Craig and Trent were 100% helpful I will say there products are extremely well made but just not suited for me I am looking at getting a new belt thou just need to talk the Mrs into letting go of the $$$$

1 - 13 of 13 Posts