1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I don't think this is what you do to gain respect and to be treated as an equal. It works just the opposite.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
152 Posts
As I was reading the other thread on this, I kept asking myself "just what would I do?" And I'm still not sure. Would I be armed, and if so, would I draw? At risk more of them were armed as well? Would I take the chance of starting a firefight and getting MORE innocents hurt? VERY VERY difficult situation. So I honestly can't give an answer to your question or even a hypothetical response.

Needless to say, this is why I avoid "bad" areas and anything that I deem to be a "highly probable dangerous" setting/venue/gathering.

·
Registered
53,646 Posts
Considering the size of the mob, a very quick withdrawal is in order. I would not draw a weapon unless cornered and the situation is hopeless to get out. At that point with no massive back up the scenario is hopeless for all. So, never travel without several XD brothers and sisters!

·
Premium Member
127,706 Posts
Leave the area as quickly and as inconspicuously as possible.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Well, this probably isn't PC ... but, I told the wife this morning that if I ever get caught in something like that, there will be meat to count! I might be counted too, but I won't be alone!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd get out. Fast.

I work to keep myself fit not just for health, but for any situation where i may need to run/outlast.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Well, this probably isn't PC ... but, I told the wife this morning that if I ever get caught in something like that, there will be meat to count! I might be counted too, but I won't be alone!
Getting out of the area as fast as possible would be the best option, but if that should prove not an option, then self protection is called for, I too would not be going down alone. That is the reason we have the right to bear arms, is it not!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
That is just a bad scenario all around.

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
they did that in my neighborhood. school let out and they took over a block and intersection stopping traffic beating people and cars.

just in the middle of the day around 3pm, a small riot in the street.

I expect it to happen again, more frequently, and on a much larger scale.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Hmm, clicking the link brings up a page about SPAM. Not sure what that's about, but gathering from what others have written, glad I carry and trust no one.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
guess it depends if i was there and in the situation, but if they were beating an unconcious kid i would def pull a weapon on them. This is just a crazy situation though.

·
Premium Member
12,117 Posts
This incident has got me thinking about carrying a small telescoping baton in addition to a pistol for those times when it might be legally questionable to clear leather. It'll give you an "airtight" fist when closed, and expand your reach when open.

·
Premium Member
127,706 Posts
This incident has got me thinking about carrying a small telescoping baton in addition to a pistol for those times when it might be legally questionable to clear leather. It'll give you an "airtight" fist when closed, and expand your reach when open.

I always have one in my truck.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
You would probably be better off carrying a Yawara for CQB and learn some basic ,strikes, locks, joint breaking, and throws. The Tele baton is a bit bulky when closed and weighty,for concealment. Where as the yawara can fit in a pocket, or be used as a key chain fob such as a kubuton. However having some skill really makes a difference.

A walking stick is a great choice,(not a cane) unless you have some skill, the canes hook can be very problematic for the owner. Whereas the walking stick attached to a nice brass Haime or hardwood ball. Can do a wicked job on laying waste to an attacker.

Another option,would be a knife,a blade maniacally wielded in the hands of a unskilled person is still a force to reckon with. Just by deep slashing and the raking of flesh is enough to strike fear and beset shock.

But true survival in any hostile mob etc. Is to not be the moth flying to the porch light.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'm gonna hafta say, don't go where boneheads are!

IF I WAS there, and IF my family was safe, I would likely intervene to try to stop the beating of the unconcious kid. Not likely to get out of there without being harmed if intervention is attempted though.

Bad, bad deal; and like someone else said this is not the way for them to gain respect.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts