Springfield XD Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
whoa... that is .... uh... innovative. i've never seen a sight like that before.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The rear looks the same as those on the Steyr.

Olgord

·
Registered
342 Posts
right you are ampleworks.

I found these sights to be hilarious, but hey, they could work. It is innovative you know. I wonder what they thought when they first painted to spots on the sight posts...

·
Registered
885 Posts
I was looking closely at the front sight. That diamond shape sure looks to me like it might be prone to hang up while drawing from a holster.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Must be an XD. Looks like they beat the crap out of the slide removing the rear sight.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i dunno, would be really handy if your vehicle broke down on the way to a match... you could lay your pistol on the shoulder to use as a warning triangle.....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hello all.

I am the inventor of these "wacky" sights.

Despite what some of you may think, these are actually serious self-defense sights specifically designed for carry (they are quite snag-free due to their angles).

The concept behind the sight is markedly different than traditional notch & post sights. With the SureSight, the shooter has a greater ability to crudely aim his gun while the primary focus of his eye is on the target. This is invaluable in a self-defense situation.

The SureSight is also different than the Steyr sight (I actually cite them in my patent), in that the front sight is 100% visible, much larger, and visually stacked on top of the rear sight.

You can read a some reviews of them here:

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=05e0159328fa9566c69dbb99807d22f9&threadid=315273

and here:

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=05e0159328fa9566c69dbb99807d22f9&threadid=350419

and here:

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360398

By the way, the sights shown in that photo on TRUGLO's website are of an early working prototype, which was built for my XD. (The same gun that's in the photo was used by me in a 20,000 round torture test for an upcoming article in the June/July 2005 issue of Handguns Magazine. That explains why it looks so well worn.) Production models are currently only available on Glocks. You can see more at www.suresight.com . The website is still under construction, so go easy on me. :)

And thanks for the fresh idea--I never thought about marketing it as a warning triangle!! :lol:

All the best,

--Leibster

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
i was just gonna say it seems those would be nice in a self defense situation. sort of gives youa larger sight area in which to point the weapon. instead of trying to place little dots while in an adrenaline over dose. so when will they be available for the XD?. why do glocks always get crap 1st..... :evil:

·
Registered
137 Posts
nikon777,

Thanks for your feedback. Glocks always get accessories first, since there are so many of them on the market and nearly every model will take the same accessory.

XD/Sig sights will follow, but I currently have no ETA. I will definitely keep this board updated with any XD developments.

--Leibster

·
Registered
38 Posts
nikon777 said:
why do glocks always get crap 1st..... :evil:
'cause glock owners need more help :lol:

so, if you're the token, i better quit

P

·
0 Posts
I think If I had a Subcompact XD, I would try these on it.

Would have to see them on a gun to decide.

I know its not supposed to be a Steyr ripoff, but I hate the Steyr pistols, personally. They are funky looking pieces.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The trianlge makes me think of the guttersnipe sights. Not really the same but had triangles.

·
Registered
137 Posts
10Ring,

Totally different concept than guttersnipes. They are so distinctively shaped and easily visible, it's almost impossible to ignore them. Which is what I was going for, since I wanted them visible while the eye was focused on the threat, not the sights.

Preacher,

Sit tight. Eventually they'll be available for the XD. :)

--Leibster

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.