Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say, SA bit the dust leaving you high and dry - I know you stand a better chance of getting struck my lightning but just forr the sake of argument, that's the scenario. What spare parts for your XD would you squirrel away while they are still available?

Discuss among yourselves :D

"Are you telling me you don't have a tube grip on your XD?!" :shock:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Isn't this exactly the reason you should buy more than one XD? :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
mag springs, ejector, extractor, ...................... ah hell overkill is right extra gun too, may be two if moolah permits! Hehe

Tim

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Firing pin and retaining pin. Of course, having a second XD is what helped me keep my favorite in commission a few weeks ago, until I could get replacement parts.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Does thousands of surplus rounds count??

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
simple,

Scott and James' phone numbers. They're addicted too and I'm sure they'll buy up all the remaining stock anyway. :)

<AJames> No, you can'ts haveses it.... it's myyyyy preeciousssssssss...

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aiformula said:
simple,

Scott and James' phone numbers. They're addicted too and I'm sure they'll buy up all the remaining stock anyway. :)

<AJames> No, you can'ts haveses it.... it's myyyyy preeciousssssssss...
That's cheating Tony. Under my scenario, SA bites the dust and so do Scott and James - an unfortunate incident, these things happen. Rumor has it, there was a duel. Both elected to use Glocks and were killed by flying parts. They are history, vaporized, kaputski.. Now what are you gonna do?

"Are you telling me you don't have a tube grip on your XD?!" :shock:

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
You can always make the parts by hand...any good gunsmith can make any part of the xd if they wanted or had the motivation (money) to do so.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I have a hard time changin spark plugs....let alone makin parts :roll:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FatMatt1981 said:
You and me both. My tool kit at home consists of a butter knife and the Yellow Pages. If I can't fix it with the butter knife, I grab the Yellow Pages. I give new meaning to the term, "tool challenged." :)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
kraigster414 said:
FatMatt1981 said:
You and me both. My tool kit at home consists of a butter knife and the Yellow Pages. If I can't fix it with the butter knife, I grab the Yellow Pages. I give new meaning to the term, "tool challenged." :)
I have a worse problem. I figure if someone else can do it, so can I. One of these days, I'm going to get myself in too deep.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have my priorities in order. I have squireled away 300 extra tube grips just in case we go to war with India and there's an embargo on rubber.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts