Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, please forgive me if this is not the correct section.

I am looking to find out how many sizes or models the XD comes in, as I would like to start stocking XD holsters. My uncle has a very nice XD in 9mm that has a 3 or 4 inch barrel. It seems like it would be a great carry gun, but I don't want to miss the boat on other common sizes.

Thanks for any information you are willing to share!

Bobby

·
Registered
7,687 Posts

I am looking to find out how many sizes or models the XD comes in, as I would like to start stocking XD holsters. My uncle has a very nice XD in 9mm that has a 3 or 4 inch barrel. It seems like it would be a great carry gun, but I don't want to miss the boat on other common sizes.

Thanks for any information you are willing to share!

Bobby

The XD page at Springfield Armory will give you everything you need.
Springfield Armory

XD's come in 3" (Subcompact), 4" (Compact & Service), and 5" (Tactical). The 9mm and .40s&w Service and Tactical are the same frame, but the muzzle end of the slide is where the extra length is.

The XDm's are 3.8" and 4.5" long on the slides with common frames as I understand it.

The .45 ACP's have different frame/slide widths.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies!

I was really looking to find out what the popular models are. I am planning on stocking holsters for the XD/XDm, but I only want to stock the ones that are the most owned/carried. That is not information I would be able to find on thier website or wiki.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
128,276 Posts

I am looking to find out how many sizes or models the XD comes in, as I would like to start stocking XD holsters.

Welcome to the forum, Bobby. Do you have a web site for your business?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
As far as most popular for carry:

SubCompact #1
Compact/Service (same size) #2

There really don't seem to be any really good CC options for the Tactical.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As far as most popular for carry:

SubCompact #1
Compact/Service (same size) #2

There really don't seem to be any really good CC options for the Tactical.
Clearly you have been on this forum for a while. If YOU were making IWB holsters like the ones on my site, those are the two sizes you would make them for?

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Clearly you have been on this forum for a while. If YOU were making IWB holsters like the ones on my site, those are the two sizes you would make them for?
If I was planning on selling the most concealed carry holsters I could, I would definitely start there.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
One thing I like about my Galco King Tuck holster is that it fits all XD/XDM models. At least it did at the gunshop the other day, I was carrying my XD9sc but tried it with an XD 45c, XDM 45, XDM 3.8 9mm and XD 45. All fit perfect.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One thing I like about my Galco King Tuck holster is that it fits all XD/XDM models. At least it did at the gunshop the other day, I was carrying my XD9sc but tried it with an XD 45c, XDM 45, XDM 3.8 9mm and XD 45. All fit perfect.
Really? Maybe I am over thinking this? They let you try their guns in the holster?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Really? Maybe I am over thinking this? They let you try their guns in the holster?
Yeah lol, I have bought all the guns in my signature from them, I know the guys well. It's a pawn shop actually but they sell new and used guns, mostly new actually and have a large selection for this crap town I live in.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Yeah lol, I have bought all the guns in my signature from them, I know the guys well. It's a pawn shop actually but they sell new and used guns, mostly new actually and have a large selection for this crap town I live in.
Same here... Just about every store I've gone into (even Bass Pro and Gander Mountain) let me take a holster over to the counter and either try it with a gun in their case, or let me bring my **Unloaded** pistol in and check the fit.

Some of the Hybrid makers make the kydex portion to the 3" (or a bit longer), with the leather portion long enough to cover the 5" and the let the customer trim the bottom shorter (if need be).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts