Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size Uncle Mikes for the "Inside the pants" for the XDSC?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Size 16 works beautifully with my XD9sc

I still can't believe how comfortable this little $12 holster is. Great cant, stays put against a belt loop, been wearing it for a couple of month with zero issues.

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 12 I picked up today just to try it out, but the gun shop didn't have a SC today to try the fit. It's quite tight for the gun but comfortable for me ( been/still wearing it all day now ). I wanted to try IWB on the cheap to see if I like it or not. I think I would most likely go Crossbreed if I continue.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have a 12 I picked up today just to try it out, but the gun shop didn't have a SC today to try the fit. It's quite tight for the gun but comfortable for me ( been/still wearing it all day now ). I wanted to try IWB on the cheap to see if I like it or not. I think I would most likely go Crossbreed if I continue.
Yeah, I found the 12 a little snug too - especially for re-holstering. The 16 has enough room to re-holster easily but still holds the pistol securely. I like the cant on it so much I'm having RCS make me a Phantom with the same angle.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I use a #12 for our XD-9sc, which is kept holstered as our "bedroom" gun. For my XD-40 service, I trimmed the retention straps off a #16, stuck a patch of hook velcro on the side, and it now resides in the CC pouch of my Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack, should I find the need to carry in that manner. For personal concealed carry, I rely on the old reliable SuperTuck.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have the Uncle Mikes size 15 IWB for my XDSC40. The 16 is a little big, but if you have an Insight x2 weapons light it fits perfect in the 16. The 15 is snug enough so that it is not easy to get it to fall out, but still draws easily. The best way is to bring your gun in so that you can double check before you buy, but the 15 works great for me. I carry every day.

Hope this was helpful.;)

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm still using the 12 with enough satisfaction that I cut out the bottom where the bore resides and now it will handle virtually every pistol I have!! lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
i use a #27 uncle mikes paddle holster.. fits great. for iwb i have # 15 i believe.

·
Registered
210 Posts
12 is for the subs(G26s). The 16 works as well. I use a Sidekick 16 for car carry. It has quite a bit of space between the end of the muzzle and end of the holster. On the flip-side, the holster accommodates the girth of the XD well.

Here's the fit chart for reference
Inside-The-Pant Holsters - Fit Chart

·
Registered
86 Posts
i apoligize i do use the # iwb holster. i cut off the straps as they were more of a nusince for me.. anybody have advice for the check6 for a 40sc with dtd laser grips??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts