Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok maybe a newbie question but what size patches do I need for my xd9? I am ordering a bunch of stuff from midwestusa.com but dont see a listing for 9mm....maybe I am just blind. Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If you want to clean your bore, quickly and affectively. Buy a bore snake. They are fast, and they do an outstanding job.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you want to clean your bore, quickly and affectively. Buy a bore snake. They are fast, and they do an outstanding job.

I have a boresnake I just picked up but qont I still need patches to get a oil film down the barrel?

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I have a boresnake I just picked up but qont I still need patches to get a oil film down the barrel?
Nope! Just spray or dip your solvent ahead of the brass brushes in the BoreSnake then run it through a couple of times. Then put some oil down near the end of the BoreSnake, run it through and VIOLA you have a better than average clean barrel with an oil film in it :mrgreen:

P.S. if you run the BoreSnake up through the magwell then into the barrel you will clean the feed ramp right along with the barrel ( don't try this with an M&P however lol )

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I also recommend the BoreSnake.

Kaboom, good tip on running it up through the mag well. I usually only use mine when I have it field stripped, so I never thought of doing that.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also recommend the BoreSnake.

Kaboom, good tip on running it up through the mag well. I usually only use mine when I have it field stripped, so I never thought of doing that.

so essentially up through the mag and make the 90* bend into the chamber and down the pipe..hmmm...makes perfect sense...Guess I can cancel my order for jags, brushes and patches then. What happens when nthe bore snake gets dirty..is there a way to clean it after you use it? Or is it a throw away once it gets dirty enough?

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
The BoreSnake comes with cleaning instructions. I can't remember them off the top of my head, but I am pretty sure it is a hand wash process.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts