Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just go my CCW and I'm looking for a good concealable holster for my XD-40 Tactical. I don't think a paddle holster would work because of the size of the gun, but I think a shoulder holster would work great, one that holds the gun in a vertical position. What's the be concealable shoulder holster out there that will work with my XD-40 Tactical?

Thanks

·
Registered
885 Posts
The XD tactical is a pretty long pistol for horizontal carry in a shouler rig.

It may be tough to conceal without printing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you don't think a shoulder holster would work....what would you suggest for concealing my XD-40 Tactical?

Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
How about a high-quality IWB? Without knowing your size, it's hard to say.

Horizontal carry in a shoulder holster is for small guns only. And vertical shoulder carry doesn't work that well I've found. It presents the gun at an awkward angle.

SOB, will work, if you're a stout guy. You're in for a real hurt if you fall on your gun though .

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
imq707s said:
If you don't think a shoulder holster would work....what would you suggest for concealing my XD-40 Tactical?

Thanks
the problem with concealing a gun isnt the barrel lenght... its the grip length and thinckness.

i can conceal my fullsize kimber easier than i can conceal my XD service (4in barrel).

a good IWB holster is the best way to conceal a fullsize gun, or any gun for that matter... its right there on your side, the quickest and easiest access.

i suggest you try a Comp Tac C-Tac... or a Tucker "the answer" if you have the coin.

·
Registered
93 Posts
FWIW, I have a Falco Holster for sale or trade in the Trading Post Forum. It was made for the service, but the open front should accomodate the tactical. It's a horizontal holster though, so it might not conceal the tactical that well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
imq707s said:
I just go my CCW and I'm looking for a good concealable holster for my XD-40 Tactical. I don't think a paddle holster would work because of the size of the gun, but I think a shoulder holster would work great, one that holds the gun in a vertical position. What's the be concealable shoulder holster out there that will work with my XD-40 Tactical?

Thanks
Well, I think a shoulder holster would be just perfect for you. And, it just so happens that I have a hardly used Galco Classic Lite for sale. $50 shipped!! Can't beat that!! LOL!! :?

Actually, while I do have the sholuder holster for sale you might be better off with the IWB. I have a C.T.A.C. that I love. I only wear the shoulder holster when wearing a belt (to hold the CTAC) doesn't work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts