Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
HST.

Get it from sgammo, ammunition depot, and other places.

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
What SD ammo would you carry?

I carry my own handloads in an SR45. If I bought factory, it would be Gold Dots. I certainly wouldn't pass on HST or Rangers either. Though they don't yet have approval from the American Dental Association, ooops, I mean IWBA, I'd have no problem carrying the 220 gr. +P Critical Duty load. Hornady has already done the tests that you'll find in their catalog. I've used enough of their bullets over the years, including starting my handloading career with the .410" 210 gr. JHP, that I have no problem trusting the Critical Duty to be a good step above Critical Defense where bullets tend to be light, anyway.

The 2 loads I carry use the 200 gr. XTP and the 185 gr. Golden Sabers that average 1087 FPS from my SR45. I'll probably use 230 gr. XTPs in the near future and if Hornady decides to release the 220 gr. Critical Duty bullet to handloaders, I'll be loading some of them as well. ;)

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
In the small, short bbl light 45acp, I like the std vel 200gr xtp. Mild recoil, always reaches 65cal. Nothing wrong with the 230gr hst, just make sure what ever you choose runs in your gun, at least one full mag, each carry mag.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Winchester Ranger-T better known as the new Black Talons.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I currently use 230gr. Speer Gold Dots in my XDs.

I've ran a few boxes of 230gr. Federal HST's, Winchester Ranger T's and Winchester PDX1's with no problems as well.

none are/were +P

1 - 12 of 12 Posts