Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most guns have the grip frame registered with ATF. And still others, such as the sig 250 or the nano have the trigger group serialized so you can change grip frame. I want to get a .357 sig barrel for my xd40 but noticed that the grip frame, slide and barrel are all serialized, so I was wondering if I can legally change the barrel?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Crud. Just realized I posted this in wheelies, duh. If mod could move to proper forum would be thankful.

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Well, since it hasn't been moved yet I'll just say that a .357 SIG conversion barrel is perfectly legal and it is not a requirement that a barrel be serialized though many pistol makers do so so that is easy to identify that the frame slide and barrel prove that the pistol is original as it came from the factory. ;)

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Do whatever the hell you want as long as it does not conflict with the NFA. Per the FOPA of 86, there is no national gun registry.

If a gun you bought from a FFL shows up at a crime scene, the ATF would not know automatically who's it was. They would trace serial to manufacturer, to dealer, to dealer's records.

·
Premium Member
127,992 Posts
No part of your gun is "registered" with the ATF.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Do whatever the hell you want as long as it does not conflict with the NFA. Per the FOPA of 86, there is no national gun registry.

If a gun you bought from a FFL shows up at a crime scene, the ATF would not know automatically who's it was. They would trace serial to manufacturer, to dealer, to dealer's records.
This also takes months to years because it is done the old fashion paper pushing way.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
I like my guns just the way that Dems like their voters. UNREGISTERED!

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts