Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded my friend my extended 9mm 15 rd mag with sleeve for 2 of his standard 40 cal SC mags. He has BIG hands and even with a pierce extension, he doesn't feel comfortable. I like the smaller mags for concealment and I want to try IDPA with my SC so I needed more mags.

Anyways, we test fired both on the range before making the trade, the 40 cal mags in my 9mm with NO FTF or feeding problems. We also tried the 9mm mag in the 40SC, also with no problems. When igot home I compared the 40 with the 9mm mags more closely. it looks like the feed lips are slighty wider on the 40 (obviously) and the follower is a different design. Would you suggest that I bend the feed lips in on the 40 and my friend open up the 9mm mag lips? As I mentioned, we ran about 20 rounds through the mags with no problems. I probably will just use the 40 mags for competition or range as I don't fully trust it for everyday carry.

thanks

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
If you're not having any problems with the .40 mags, don't do any adjustments.......

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went ahead and bent the lips in slightly per James instructions, hadn't had a chance to test fire yet, but it hand cycled fine. I mentioned that I most likely would use these for the range and IDPA but 13+1 rounds of 9mm for defensive use sounds really good. I'm probably not going to use it for everyday carry until I put like 500 rounds through them to test reliability or at least give me peace of mind. Funny thing is that the 40 mags I got were different. on the baseplate of one it said 40SW 9rd and the other 40SW 10rd. I was able to fit 12rds of 9mm in one and 13rds of 9mm in the other. The springs and followers were also different? My friend got these mags at the same time as part of the GearUp promo package, anybody know why there are so many different types of the same mag and why they didn't make a higher cap 9mm mag to begin with?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts