Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im really interested in tricking out my xdm5.25 but not sure of whats out there ... Main things i want is a good grip and a good red dot sight..but still want all other mods to be posted (include names please)

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Pretty much anything available for the regular XDm minus barrel and compensator will fit

Mags are the same so base plates will be the same...

Other common XDm mods are:
Slide stop (pistolgear)
Magwells
Trigger kits
Mag release
Striker status indicators
Sights
Grip tape

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Glad to help

Just remember the 5.25 is just a pre modded version of the already exisiting XDm platform....they just lengthened the slide and cut it. Then added a barrel to match. The rest is the same....

Check out parts from pistolgear, springer precision, canyon creek, powder river precision and xd-hs2000.com..... all good sources who are also sponsers here

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I'm not the best for that answer, but sighting is generally done at a distance you plan on shooting the most.

Some examples......

If its a home defense gun, and the most common distance in you house is 15ft then sight your gun @ 15ft. All shots close to that will be as close as possible.

If its a comp gun and most targets are 20 yds then set your sights at 20 yds.

Balistics for handguns don't change much from 5 yds to 30 yds so balistics made within those ranges will be more accurate than 90% of shooters anyway.

How do you do it?

Some use a laser bore sighter to get close, others fire 3-5 shot groups and adjust.

Either way, plan on using the bullets you will be using for the purpose (ie self defense, then use you hollowpoints)

Different shooters use different grips, holds, and aiming

Best I can tell you is to go shoot the gun as is, then shoot it more, after that keep shooting it.

If all your groups are high, then adjust your sights after you confirm its not the way you are shooting.

Springfield sets the guns to the average shooter at average ranges so it may be spot on for you already.

Let's see what others say, they may blow my suggestions out of the water

FWIW, I don't use sights, I shoot with both eyes open and let the muzzle blur into 2 images, then center my target between the 2

I can hold 2"-4" groups as fast I can pull the trigger out to 25 yds, in my opinion, that is plenty accurate for a pistol.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Glad to help

Now....go take your stock gun and stop worrying about mods and adjustments and go shoot it!

Unless you bought it for gaming, the gun is perfectly fine un modded and there is no reason to think about changing anything for atleast the first 500 rounds.

Go kill paper............

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I have not heard of this: let the muzzle blur into two images and shoot between them. Ill have to try this.
It may not work for everyone, but does for me.

Raise your finger as far from your face and look past it

See the blur and 2 images?

Mine tend to be one image a litttle high and left and the other low right

I believe its called paralax or paralux shooting/sighting..........

My thought is that all my guns are for self defense or paper killing, I won't have time to have the BG standby while I close one eye..... and aim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts