Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had a Lyman for a little over 10 years, no problems. It's not the biggest tumbler but it works fast.

Most of them are just about the same - they shake. I might look at the Dillon after Lyman.

If I were to buy a new one today, would get similar size and a clear lid. Mine has a little drain spout but it's useless, especially if you own a media separator.

I usually shop at MidwayUSA, Grafs, Lockstock, Midsouth, etc.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mine is made from on old ice cream maker. It has a can inside and a motor on top that turns it. It has two rollers that the can runs on and a block of wood so you can lean it over at a 45° angle. I bought it from a friend 12 years ago. I think it works great, but I've never had anything else to compare it to.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I got mine from MidwayUSA. I'm on my second one, which I use almost 7 days a week for a couple of hours each day. My first one lasted five years. I believe they are on sale at the moment for $36.00 for the tumbler only, a bit more for a kit. They are labeled Federal Arsenal now.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I also made mine. Works great used spare parts around the house. Plan on making a BIG one with a 5 gal bucket and an ice cream maker motor.

My first tumbler:

</img>

Next project:

</img>

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Got two of the large Midway tumblers. Been working good for eight years.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stealthsniper said:
Berry's Manufacturing

It works well, but I'd like something larger. I'll probably go the homebrew route or buy one direct from a local manufacturer, assuming he'll cut me a deal.
Pm me if you decide to unload yours :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've had one of the Midway tumblers for about 6 years now. I think I paid $45 for the whole kit.

It came with a clear lid but now I don't even put the lid on it anymore. Makes it easier to throw in the odd piece of brass or add brass polish.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I use an old Thumler's Tumbler I inherited from my grandfather. A buddy of mine worked in a body shop for a while and we used an old paint shaker. It worked very well and very fast.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have consider building one.But I found the Berry's kit for about 100 bucks shipped.Includes tumbler,media,bucket,polish and separator 8)
Thats what I am leaning towards. :shock:
Wish the mail lady would bring my scale so I could make some ammo :evil:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts