Springfield XD Forum banner

What issue should have top priority in Congress?

• The war in Iraq.

• The immigration problem.

• The economy.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick poll in which I ask your participation.

Ed

I predict that the immigration problem will lead
the pack.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
immigration sure got my vote!

·
Registered
415 Posts
XD BACKUP GUN said:
We have an immigration problem in this country :?
It is hard to tell in Mn since you guys and the Canucks sound the same. Eh. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
galway, those are good suggestions. However, once
a poll is posted, the choices cannot be edited.

I agree, those are topics for discussion, not only here
on the forum, but in the hallowed halls of congress.

Ed

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
We won't be able to solve the immigration problem or improve the economy until the war in Iraq is brought to some sort of conclusion.

bd

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
damn, i can't vote cause two of those tie for me. I want "our boys" home safely as soon as possible. As soon as possible means as soon as the country is stabalized enough for them to clean up their own mess. And the immigration thing needs to be fixed badly too. I don't mind immigrants who legally enter my country.

In the end, I can not imagine how much money these two things are costing us and the government every year. These dollars could be poured into our education system, medical care and research, training welfare idiots to get jobs and not leach of of you and me, and God knows what else we need to take care of here at home.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
nogoa said:
XD BACKUP GUN said:
We have an immigration problem in this country :?
It is hard to tell in Mn since you guys and the Canucks sound the same. Eh. :lol:
You gots Labatts on tap there EH!
I could really go for some good Hotdish.
:lol:
gbob01 said:
XD BACKUP GUN said:
We have an immigration problem in this country
I don't see an immigration problem here, everyone seems to be able to walk in quite easily; No Problem!
So true!
Our Border Situation is Pathetic!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
none of the above...

TORT REFORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
You forgot revising the tax code.

...or does everyone out there think that the phone-book sized stacks of paper, explaining our system is efficient in its current state?

Fix the tax code and you'll fix a myriad of other problems as well.

- Brickboy240

PS - Immigration reform IS important, but unless they relocate DC, geographically, to where San Antonio is, you'll have a hard time convincing the east coasters that there actually IS a problem.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Tort & tax reform are huge, no doubt. Absolutely vital. But what good is that if we don't have security?

Lock down the borders. If an '08 presidential candidate ran on a promise to lock down the borders, they'd win. Period. Enough people are concerned about it from both sides of the aisle to vote for that person.

Will we get one? Prolly not... :(

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
I am completely astonished. Two thirds of the people think immigration is out biggest concern?

This is the saddest indictment of the mentality here that I can imagine.

Peace,
D.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Delija said:
I am completely astonished. Two thirds of the people think immigration is out biggest concern?

This is the saddest indictment of the mentality here that I can imagine.

Peace,
D.
Why don't you think it is? What good is anything as long as terrorists can sneak across our borders and bomb the crap out of us while we sleep? It's not saying the other issues aren't important, but priorities must be set. Make sure you're not gonna die, then worry about those things.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Me too. Especially since many posters are from the north and east.

Hey, I am down here at ground zero for the immigration disaster and yes, it IS important, but the economy comes first (or should). I lump tax reform in with the economy, only because if we fixed the tax code, other parts of the economy would repair themselves.

-Brickboy240

1 - 20 of 41 Posts