Springfield XD Forum banner

What is your level of interest in gun collecting?

• Low, I don't have much and don't plan on more than 3.

• Medium, I have a average collection. (under 6)

• High, I have quite a bit and buy when I can. (Over 20+)

• EXTREME, I have alot and buy alot. (Over 40+)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your level of interest when it comes to gun collecting?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TomSwift said:
Hmm...not on the list. I have 9. I'd like to add about 4 more in the next year but I have a wedding to pay for in the Spring so the guns will have to wait.
My poll choices would be too numerous to cover the exact quantity of guns, so a ballpark figure would be fine. Good luck on the wedding Tom, I hope it isn't a "shotgun" wedding :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
your answrs are not very good up there.

I have a high level if interest in gun collecting, but I only own 3. All I can afford right now.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
03RangerXLT said:

I have a high level if interest in gun collecting, but I only own 3. All I can afford right now.
Sorry, impossible to cover all the bases. Just a ballpark figure will do. (Gosh, I guess I am still baseball minded 8) )

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
hobocircus said:
TomSwift said:
Hmm...not on the list. I have 9. I'd like to add about 4 more in the next year but I have a wedding to pay for in the Spring so the guns will have to wait.
My poll choices would be too numerous to cover the exact quantity of guns, so a ballpark figure would be fine. Good luck on the wedding Tom, I hope it isn't a "shotgun" wedding :shock: :lol:
Nope, my youngest daughter. No guns required. I did tell my future son-in-law if he ever hurt her, I'd hurt him real bad. No threat, just a promise. :wink:

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
Wow thanks! I now have another excuse to buy more guns. I must be in first place. Can I buy a bunch more and vote again? :D

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I clicked high, more than 20 but im sure it will grow, it normaly goes up a few each year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm much, much less interested in 'collecting' than it used to be.
Oddly enough, i'm still a pretty young guy but I got interested in firearms very young and they were pretty much all I ever did or think about- every waking moment of every day- for a long, long time (I'm sort of obsessive like that).

The way your questions were phrased, none of them apply to me, as I do have a fairly sizable collection but I don't have much interest in expanding it any further.

Of the guns I own, the majority of them represent a purpose of some kind.
I used to buy guns just for the sake of buying guns with a real soft spot for anything unique or unusual.
As I get a little older and my tastes refine, I realize that i'm not very interested in guns that I can't or won't shoot.
It got to the point where I owned 15 deer rifles but only really ever used two.
Numerous handguns, but only ever carried or shot a fraction of them.

I've traded off most of my 'collectable' guns (save for a few i'm attached to) and replaced them all with stuff that would serve a purpose. Pretty much everrything I own is a modern system, save for a couple older guns that I just couldn't bring myself to trade off.

I'm at that strange point where i'm pretty much settled with Title 1 stuff but not yet quite well off enough to afford a battery of NFA guns, so as things stand, I don't buy much anymore but rather focus on shooting what I already have. Hopefully in the next few years, if things continue along the path they're on, I should be able to afford my NFA wants. Once that happens, I guess i'll be done with this hobby and move on to the next.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
You can never have enough guns. I am interested in some WWII era and Cold War era guns but mostly buy modern arms. My tastes tend toward military weapons of the near past and present. I also never buy to have a closet queen museum piece, I want to shoot what I buy.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I voted less than 6 tho I have a few more than that.

I believe the wording could have been a little different as most of us from what I'm reading, have a high interest in guns, money is what holds them back. I've actually acquired more of an interest since retiring from le, go figure.

I will probably have to depend on winning the lotto to meet my interests being on a disability pension. I'll find out tomorrow if I won the 128 million mega lotto Ca. recently joined. Then comes the underground shooting range with the walk in vault and my new custom home. And of course, the new guns! :D

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
The number of guns I own put me in the high category. I don't have what you could really call a collection as I don't think I have any 2 guns that really relate to each other. I have 4 or 5 revolvers, a couple of guns that would be considered assault type weapons, 4 or 5 semiauto pistols, 3 or 4 shotguns, a good big game (deer) hunting rifle and several rimfire rifles.
Some of the calibers overlap, a few brand names do too. I just kind of set out to have a decent gun in each of the more common calibers or guages. So through the years I've picked up what suited that criteria when a good deal arose and when I had the money available.
I don't guess I own anything that you couldn't find at any well stocked gun store.

bd

·
Registered
539 Posts
03RangerXLT said:

+1

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the votes and replies so far. Gives me a idea of a small cross section of members on the forum. It's all a matter of perspective really. You could bring someone over to show them your collection of 5 guns and that person will think you have a TON! :shock:
I've been to someones house back in California 20 years ago and he had about 10 safes! all full of nearly everything you can imagine. I'll never forget that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't COLLECT them, I buy them and shoot them. No interest in collecting. Just happen to have a lot of them that I've bought and I shoot.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Here's the thing... I would have 20+ guns however, being in kalifornia AND being only 18, it's really difficult to accuire guns. (yes the XD is mine, but it's under my dad's name. My money-My firearm-Dad's name.

·
Banned
4,677 Posts
I voted medium. I have 5 guns. For a while, I was buying too often.. even though I only bought 3... that's still dang near $2000 in guns. So my collecting is done for a while.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts