Springfield XD Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been looking to enhance my gun collection by adding to it an "invisible" "mouse gun." There are some times when even my EDC SIG P365 is too big/bulky/heavy.

On my short list are the Ruger LCP, the LCP II, Kel-Tec P-3AT, and Kel-Tec P32. I've looked at the Diamondback DB380 and the Taurus Spectrum, but I've heard reliability issues about both. I've discarded the notion of carrying any caliber less (.22x) and in fact, am struggling with the idea of .380. But there isn't a 9mm better than my P365 (in my opinion), so why bother?

So what do YOU carry, or consider carrying as a BUG? Not a primary, as I'm all set there.
I use a Hellcat for a primary and a Taurus G2C for a BU because it's inexpensive and hasn't failed me once after 1,000 rounds, but it's bigger than I'd like. My buddy has a couple Kimber micro 9's and loves 'em! SCCY makes a really reliable CCW for less money, too.

·
Premium Member
21,648 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
22 Mag?

What grip is that?
Looks like the same NAA Pug 22-mag I have except the grip that came with mine looks just like that one but it has a built-in laser.

Loved the laser in mine but, that grip was just too small for my big hands so, I went on NAA’s website and got their wooden grips that are a miniature version of the old-school revolvers. Fits my hand much better and improves my shots with it a little bit better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
22 Posts
4.1” x 5.25” x 0.75” is the smallest I carry, with a kydex trigger holster. I prefer to carry a Shield 9 / Shield 45.

SPECIFICATIONS

Model: Bodyguard 380
Manufacturer: Smith & Wesson, www.swith-wesson.com
Type: Locked-breech autoloader
Caliber: .380 ACP
Magazine Capacity: 6 rounds
Barrel: 2.75 in.
Overall Length: 5.25 in.
Width: 0.75 in.
Height: 4.10 in
Weight, empty: 11.25 oz.
Grips: Integral polymer frame
Finish: Matte black Melonite
Sights: Fixed front, drift-adjustable rear, integrated Insight laser

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I use a Ruger LCP II with Hornsby American Gunner 90gr(?). I did a ton of research on which round in 380 would exit a short barrel, go through clothing, and not get so clogged with fabric that they failed to expand. This round with the XTP bullet is an effective round and shouldn’t over penetrate which is my main concern.

·
Registered
65 Posts
22mag PUG is the smallest I carry. I'm a basketball shorts, tank tops, and flip flops kind of guy. The PUG in a little IWB holster is light enough not to pull my shorts down and easily conceals under even a tank top. It beats nothin.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I run a Kahr CW380, and compared to its big brother CW40, it has been an excellent gun with really zero issues except for an extremely dirty, sandy day at the range that got it all buggered up.

It's pretty accurate out to 7-10 yards when taking my time, but to be truly accurate with it out to 25 yards would need someone better than I am. For those days that I really need to be in a less permissive environment, it is my companion. It's quite small, but decent trigger and runs pretty much any ammo I have fed it.

For me this is a last defense type thing where I am within spitting distance of someone who it trying to do me immediate harm.

Reactions: TSiWRX

·
Registered
941 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
P32 goes everywhere I go. Sure.....not the most capable round but as has been said here, better than the .45 sitting on my nightstand. I've put maybe 200 rounds through it with no failures. S&B FMJ. Not at all fun to shoot.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Since I originally posted my question, I've added two small guns to my stable, thereby answering my own question! First, I landed a LCP II "exclusive" model, with an American flag cerakoted slide. A bit snappy, so I added a Hogue HandAll grip sleeve, and it now sits in a Bear Creek back pocket holster when I carry it. But I didn't stop there. I bought a brand new Seecamp LWS32, which as it turns out, I shoot pretty well! Considering it has no sights (it's always been designed as a last-measure self-defense gun), I can get a full mag (6+1) of .32ACP JHP in an 8" x 11" target at 10 feet. Of course, targets don't move, but I have no qualms about carrying it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
^^^Check out some of the YouTube .32 ballistics tests. Based on what I was seeing I ended up using S&B FMJs. As always ymmv.

·
Registered
29,564 Posts
^^^Check out some of the YouTube .32 ballistics tests. Based on what I was seeing I ended up using S&B FMJs. As always ymmv.
I picked up a case of PPU .32 JHP...I like it because it doesn’t expand, but does cut a little better hole than round nose FMJ...also tends to tumble.

I’ve been carrying my Beretta 81 loaded with them...I am really impressed with it’s accuracy.

·
Registered
133 Posts
P32.

Have had it for many years, and have put close to 1K thru it with 0% fails. I have other guns to carry, but the little P32 is so easy to throw in a pocket and forget it's there. I use 73gr. FMJ, typically S&B or Fiocchi.

·
Registered
9,454 Posts
I’ve been carrying my Beretta 81 loaded with them...I am really impressed with it’s accuracy.
Dang... the pesky Beretta 81 shows itself again, continuing to temp me.

Did you find a suitable CC holster for it?

41 - 60 of 63 Posts