Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember browsing on here and coming across a thread where someone used lubriplate on their rails. I was going to go with the slide glide, but I use lubriplate at my work and it works good. So I know ( or would assume it would ) it would work on a firearm. Thanks

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
I remember browsing on here and coming across a thread where someone used lubriplate on their rails. I was going to go with the slide glide, but I use lubriplate at my work and it works good. So I know ( or would assume it would ) it would work on a firearm. Thanks
Either I've completely lost my mind, or the above quote is completely nonsensical! :cool:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Lubriplate (white lithium grease) works great, and is recommended by many for the M1 Garand. It may attract crud if you use too much.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
then what would be a good grade of slide glide for me? I would be going to the range and using it for home protection. I was thinking about the light grease ( as long as it provides the same protection as the medium grade ) I dont care much for the recoil dampening that it (medium) will provide me.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I use the Wilson Combat oil and grease tubes exclusively (Ultima-Lube) and I'm very happy with both of them. I also like to use their Silicone Gun Cleaning Cloth.

Lube: Ultima-Lube
Cloth: Silicone Gun Cleaning Cloth

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
I use good old fashioned RiG grease that's been around for years and years and I've never had a problem with it. It wipes off instantly when cleaning, but stays put no matter how hot you get it!

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
on the cloths... you use that to wipe the gun down when your done right?
Yes, I use it after I'm done at the range to wipe of some of the dirty stuff when it's still fresh. I also use it after I carry all day (I live in humid climate) to assure the gun stays nice and clean.

even the polymer?
Only where is't dirty but not on the trigger and grip.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
im thinking about picking up some of that gun butter probably the 3 piece kit for 28 bucks it seems really good and my buddy tried it in his gun awhile back and said he loved it
i think it would be great for my beretta model 1934 since the slide is a bit tough to pull back

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I also use Gun Butter. I used to use Wilson's Ultima Lube. RIG from my recollection is great for rust inhibiting, but not as good as a lubricant. JMHO

1 - 17 of 17 Posts